Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xpress H16DB Hyperlift

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    A stock 2 stroke or had work? I've seen 37 with my 16 xpress and 50 yam 2 stroke. No jack plate. Never fooled with props or set up much. Bought a Power Tech prop and then left it alone. It's a huge jump to 49 on a foot shorter boat with only 10 less horsepower. Just curious. I've started down this road before on my boat but never pursued other than what I've mentioned.

Mine is bone stock. I thought about 60 carbs and performance reeds, but I’m not racing anyone to a hole. If they beat me there, I’ll somewhere else. These boats are amazingly light. Without the motor on mine I could easily lift the back of the boat off of the trailer. My boat is their RDB model which supposedly has a different transom angle. It’s also .080 gauge aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonjosh View Post
    What motor are you running? Speeds? Likes/dislikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 2015 with a 40 Yam 4 stroke (also 2015) I see about 38 by myself and about 32-34 with another person. (Granted, I am a big dude so a smaller person alone could probably get another mph or two.)

Really good ride in chop ( Im on the coast and have put it through a couple choppy days and been impressed)
    I love how wide it is, I have no problem riding with 60 decoys 2 other guys and a dog.
    Turns on a dime if you have weight up front. Turns decent with weight in back only.
    For a Jon boat the amount of storage is awesome in my opinion
    I like to fish flats in the summer and Im not sure how much I draft exactly but I know its not much. Its actually gets pretty skinny.

Dislikes:
    The damn gas hatch on the rear platform. Things poorly placed so that you can barely get in it while in the boat unless you get behind it. If you have a seat in the pedestal you have to take it out to get there.
    This is more personal than a flaw but it does need weight in the front to perform/ride right. Like I said though, I'm a big dude so thats part of it.
    The only other dislike i have is i let some jackass install the bilge/interior lights/tilt n trim unit and its broken, but thats my fault for being cheap.

Overall I love the boat, use it every weekend cold or hot, havent seen any problems with it, and I've definitley put it through the ringer. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

My son had been looking at the havocs,edge ...a few other of those fast john boats . He changed his mind after he was able to ride in some . They are light . They are fast . Maybe look at some custom builders . You might be suprised . My son has decided to have someone build him an 18 ftr . Did I mention they are fast ?
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    A stock 2 stroke or had work? I've seen 37 with my 16 xpress and 50 yam 2 stroke. No jack plate. Never fooled with props or set up much. Bought a Power Tech prop and then left it alone. It's a huge jump to 49 on a foot shorter boat with only 10 less horsepower. Just curious. I've started down this road before on my boat but never pursued other than what I've mentioned.
    Hydro dynamic, or hyperlift? Reeds won't do much for performance but it will idle smoother and throttle response will be crisper. Plus if a reed petal ever breaks off the OEM ones are metal and will ruin your head. The performance ones, ie Chris Carson, Boyesen, are typically made of synthetic material and should disintegrate if one breaks off and gets sucked in the block. It's very unlikely that either will actually break, but it's possible and over a long enough timeline I guess it could happen. You can go messing with props and may get another mph or so, may get 4 more mph, don't know til you go down rabbit hole. I have the HD16DDP with a Yamaha 60 and fastest I've seen is 45, and that's fast enough! But I run a 4 blade now and top out at 42-43, which is plenty fast for me. The boat turns a ton better with a 4 blade. I'll never go back to a 3 blade. Unless I just want to go fast for a little while.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-17-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    I have a 2015 with a 40 Yam 4 stroke (also 2015) I see about 38 by myself and about 32-34 with another person. (Granted, I am a big dude so a smaller person alone could probably get another mph or two.)

Really good ride in chop ( Im on the coast and have put it through a couple choppy days and been impressed)
    I love how wide it is, I have no problem riding with 60 decoys 2 other guys and a dog.
    Turns on a dime if you have weight up front. Turns decent with weight in back only.
    For a Jon boat the amount of storage is awesome in my opinion
    I like to fish flats in the summer and Im not sure how much I draft exactly but I know its not much. Its actually gets pretty skinny.

Dislikes:
    The damn gas hatch on the rear platform. Things poorly placed so that you can barely get in it while in the boat unless you get behind it. If you have a seat in the pedestal you have to take it out to get there.
    This is more personal than a flaw but it does need weight in the front to perform/ride right. Like I said though, I'm a big dude so thats part of it.
    The only other dislike i have is i let some jackass install the bilge/interior lights/tilt n trim unit and its broken, but thats my fault for being cheap.

Overall I love the boat, use it every weekend cold or hot, havent seen any problems with it, and I've definitley put it through the ringer. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
    Awesome. Good info. Exactly what I was looking for.

Going to look into Prodigy’s as well, but this boat “off the shelf” looked a lot like what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonjosh View Post
    Awesome. Good info. Exactly what I was looking for.

Going to look into Prodigy’s as well, but this boat “off the shelf” looked a lot like what I was looking for.

If your down in the Charleston area let me know if you want to take a look at it. My roomate has the same boat but brand new with the step pods on the back and a 50, both are sitting in my yard if you want to take a look