Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xpress H16DB Hyperlift

Default Xpress H16DB Hyperlift

Starting to look around to change boats. I’ve got the hyperlift (H51DB) hull right now and love the ride, but want to get away from the side console.

I’ve done the search and read the threads from a couple years ago, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this boat since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you not simply convert the motor to a tiller and remove the console?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The layout of my boat isn’t really conducive to that. It has a fishing platform on the back and would take some cutting and welding to get it right.

I have a new havoc 1544 rdb I really like. It handles great but wish I would’ve gone with the 1550. My 40 is little too much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeseblank View Post
    My 40 is little too much for it.
    Last part of your transmission was garbled. Come back
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Last part of your transmission was garbled. Come back

Had to relocate my battery and gas tank to front storage to even consider seating too people in the back of the boat. Still cutting it close.

Anyone with the H16DB?

I have one, love it. What questions ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    I have one, love it. What questions ya got?
    What motor are you running? Speeds? Likes/dislikes?

Had to relocate my battery and gas tank to front storage to even consider seating too people in the back of the boat. Still cutting it close.
    Got a buddy running a 15' havoc w/ a Yamaha 40. Not sure what prop he's running, but I know his top speed is 49. Sounds like you just need the right prop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Got a buddy running a 15' havoc w/ a Yamaha 40. Not sure what prop he's running, but I know his top speed is 49. Sounds like you just need the right prop.

2 Stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    2 Stroke?
    Of course

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clarification. He runs a 15 pitch Quiksilver. Not sure what model. That's all I know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry I don't have any input on the hyperlift. Don't have experience with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah. Thought you meant the motor was too fast for you, that I couldn’t comprehend.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Default Xpress H16DB Hyperlift

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonjosh View Post
    What motor are you running? Speeds? Likes/dislikes?

You can PM if you’’’d rather.

Last edited by clemsonjosh; 01-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Clarification. He runs a 15 pitch Quiksilver. Not sure what model. That's all I know.

I’m not really worried about speed. I’d rather have a comfortable 40 mph than be scared shitless at 50. I think I run 45 right now trimmed all the way out alone with my 16p powertech. Ran 36 with 3 guys, 3 guns, 2 dozen decoys, and my lab. Too much weight to trim it out. How wide is his havoc. My only problem with the boat is the transom sits about 2.5 inches above the water. If I give it too much in reverse I’ll I have water come in the back of th Boat. 2 guys sitting in the back is about an inch above water. That’s the main reason I got rid of my high tide.

How wide is his havoc. My only problem with the boat is the transom sits about 2.5 inches above the water. If I give it too much in reverse I’ll I have water come in the back of th Boat. 2 guys sitting in the back is about an inch above water. That’s the main reason I got rid of my high tide.
    I don't know but I'll find out.

You got a short transom in that boat or the tall one?

My boat also struggles with the water thing due all the weight being in the back. But not as bad as you, it sounds. If I come off the throttle too quickly water will rush over my transom. Don't have any issues with reverse though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know but I'll find out.

You got a short transom in that boat or the tall one?

My boat also struggles with the water thing due all the weight being in the back. But not as bad as you, it sounds. If I come off the throttle too quickly water will rush over my transom. Don't have any issues with reverse though.

Tall, it’s 44” wide. Rated for a 30 I think. And I’m running 2 stroke 40 with cmc pt 130, and manual jack plate. Battery and gas relocation has helped. Won’t over flow if I have it in reverse now, but will if I stop too quickly also. I’ll prolly do away with the jack plate next time i take the motor off for whatever reason. It’s a bad little boat though. Will turn on a dime. I bought it bone stock and have added everything. Had a guy from Summerville make a light enclosure for me with built in nav lights. 545D896D-D741-42DE-8E79-AB8727BBAE52.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    2 Stroke?
    A stock 2 stroke or had work? I've seen 37 with my 16 xpress and 50 yam 2 stroke. No jack plate. Never fooled with props or set up much. Bought a Power Tech prop and then left it alone. It's a huge jump to 49 on a foot shorter boat with only 10 less horsepower. Just curious. I've started down this road before on my boat but never pursued other than what I've mentioned.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.