Thread: UCF fans put billboard in Tuscaloosa

Default UCF fans put billboard in Tuscaloosa

Last edited by uga_dawg; 01-12-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Its not delusional...its marketing. They know that Saban would never agree to a home and home with them. He will pay the second tier schools to come to Alabama and get their butts whooped and take their checks back home. There is nothing for a big school to gain, and everything to lose by doing a home and home with these little schools, and UCF knows it. They know it will never happen, so its easy for them to be tough and ask for it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

if I were Saban, I would do it. Not pay them shit, then beat a mudhole in their ass twice. Then put a billboard up at UCF to see if they want to go double or nothing.

UCF should schedule No Dak State
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Its not delusional...its marketing. They know that Saban would never agree to a home and home with them. He will pay the second tier schools to come to Alabama and get their butts whooped and take their checks back home. There is nothing for a big school to gain, and everything to lose by doing a home and home with these little schools, and UCF knows it. They know it will never happen, so its easy for them to be tough and ask for it.
    UCF is a second tier school. A second tier school that had a really good year. And that lost their coach. Lost the entire coaching staff in fact.

Saban scheduled what was supposed to be the best team out of Florida this year. Granted games are scheduled years in advanced. But I remember all the talk about the FSU and Bama game supposed to be the precursor to the natty.

While their whole campaign about being National Champs and all was totally embarrassing and pathetic in my opinion...that there is Hilarious and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    UCF is a second tier school. A second tier school that had a really good year. And that lost their coach. Lost the entire coaching staff in fact.

Saban scheduled what was supposed to be the best team out of Florida this year. Granted games are scheduled years in advanced. But I remember all the talk about the FSU and Bama game supposed to be the precursor to the natty.

My point exactly. You have something to gain by playing a big name school. If you win, you look great. If you lose, it was to a good school. Its not a gamble. That is why he would never agree to a home and home with a second tier school like UCF. Everything to lose and nothing to gain. You bring them into your house for homecoming and beat the brakes off them and send them home with a check. Never, never, never go to their house.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 01-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Gotcha. I missed the home and home distinction you were making.

But I don't think UCF has grasped the value that Scott Frost brought to the program.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 01-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Just feel good propaganda. They have a great team, but the future doesn't look that promising.

It would take two years to schedule a home and home. By then you couldn't melt down UCF and pour them on Alabama........or Clemson either for that matter.

I like it. Go for the top dog or go home. Gotta sting em bad after seeing Clempson's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    if I were Saban, I would do it. Not pay them shit, then beat a mudhole in their ass twice. Then put a billboard up at UCF to see if they want to go double or nothing.
    that was funny

While I agree that a UCF/AL face off would be an ass beating for the ages. UCF is not a "small school". 66,000+ students, with a 44,000 seat stadium, in the center of a talent rich state. While their program may be in shambles next year, they do have all the building blocks to become a solid program if they can get some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    My point exactly. You have something to gain by playing a big name school. If you win, you look great. If you lose, it was to a good school. Its not a gamble. That is why he would never agree to a home and home with a second tier school like UCF. Everything to lose and nothing to gain. You bring them into your house for homecoming and beat the brakes off them and send them home with a check. Never, never, never go to their house.
    Well said. For 'Bama, it'd be like fighting a child. Or a girl. Or a little girl. No upside with unlimited downside.

Loved Baydog's comment

All they got to do is come play BIG BOY FOOTBALL and WIN and they would not have to argue

Like BYU winning NC back in 82 or 83 just by being undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Bama should schedule No Dak State
    Fixed it.

Saban wouldnt
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud