Thread: Keith Jackson Has Died

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Keith Jackson Has Died

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Damn, one of the best announcers of all time.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Damn, one of the best announcers of all time.
    No doubt. I'm just thankful I was able to experience it. Future generation won't know what they missed.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Me to MM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Check the interview with him and Bear Bryant. Legends

One of the best ever for sure.

Dang. Hate that. One of the best for sure.

Whoa Nelly, great announcer.
    Last edited by Browning A-5; 01-13-2018 at 01:59 PM.

"The grandaddy of them all...."

I can't stand the new generation of sports voices, sans Joe Buck. I also think Romo gives a little personality. Musberger, Jackson, Enberg, etc were awesome. There are a few good ones now, but they are aging fast
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

That's sad. He was great. I perceived him having a bias towards the pack 12, and the old SW Conference. My favorite all time announcers were the Pat Summeral/ John Madden combo.

RIP

None better.

"I want to be remembered as a good ol' boy who married a gorgeous lady and we had a great life together"

What he said in an interview a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    That's sad. He was great. I perceived him having a bias towards the pack 12, and the old SW Conference. My favorite all time announcers were the Pat Summeral/ John Madden combo.
    I don't think Keith Jackson ever announced pro ball like Summeral/Madden. I thought he was a college ball only announcer. I may be wrong but I can't remember hearing him on a pro game.

Default Keith Jackson Has Died

He was on the original Monday Night Football crew
    Last edited by Tater; 01-13-2018 at 08:47 PM.

No sir. I think he was strictly college. I was just stating my favorite announcing team. I liked the Monday night crew with Don Merrideth and Howard Cosell also. His passing made me think about football commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    He was on the original Monday Night Football crew
    Damn. Didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    RIP

None better.
    That says it all. Keith Jackson is the G.O.A.T. The "Hello Heisman" call on Desmond Howard's punt return against OSU is, in my opinion, the greatest call ever.