Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Haiti is a Shithole

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Fuck Haiti and the shitheads that live in that shithole.
    I almost got murdered there, no shit.
    I don't think anyone doubts this.

Were you there with Huey Lewis?

My Uncle Carl says that the surf down there is exquisite.

I'm sure I could have a good time if I went, but I probably won't go.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    What happened?
    I was there on "business" with a once in a lifetime type buddy of mine who passed away a few years ago.
    This one particular trip was in 1988 or 1989 if I had to guess. We were meeting "Mr Big" to secure the purchase of many many Cuban cigars
    and were in a car with a total stranger who was to drive us to Biggie's office. We rode for about an hour or so
    thru the most god forsaken sewer of villages you will ever see, never on pavement. Poverty like you cant imagine. Then we arrive at a decent sized city
    and pull up to a mall. This mall looks and is about the size of say Columbiana Mall on Harbison Blvd in Columbia.
    We park and are told we have to go inside to see Bigs. Apparently his office is inside the mall. We enter the mall and its completely dark inside.
    No power and come to find out the power has been off for years and thieves and gangster have taken it over. Here is the crazy part, every store
    in the mall has lanterns, candles burning and the better ones have loud ass generators sitting in the middle of the floor running a single light bulb.
    Each store in the mall has a sweet swag specialty, such as Cuban cigars, knock off Rolexes, Replica Ray Bans, etc. (not like retail but like in a distribution type thing)
    The hallways were lined with junkies shooting H up, needles hanging from their arms. Well, we get about 50 yards into this place and I look at my
    partner and say, "no way' and we tell the driver, "take us home". He gets on a walkie talkie and a guy with a gun appears and takes us to Biggies shop. They debate
    in whatever language it was whether we are cops and whether to kill us or not. Long story made short......Biggie ended up liking us and we bought a cigar or two
    I will never forget it. I actually liked this cat, he was younger and educated than I expected. It was really funny, I remember all he wanted to talk about was asking us questions about the US. He had never been and was curious. This was before the internet and digital shit. He actually gave me a business card when I was leaving and asked for my phone number because he wanted to come see the states. I was living in Cape Hatteras at the time and thought what the hell, I gave him my number and the fool actually called me about a year later. I never saw him again, but learned on a subsequent trip that he had been stabbed to death.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-15-2018 at 11:24 PM.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Political correctness is a pseudo polite societal cancer. It has a very thin, sometimes appealing, veneer that cloaks a dark, destructive amoral compass that erodes conservative/Christian values. The pendulum of societal values has moved far to the left of center. The only way to bring it back to center is to strip political correctness naked for people to see it as it is...... a slow acting “feel good” cancer. This is NOT best done using polite, genteel tactics. It needs to be ripped out by the roots.

I think that Trumps brash....in your face approach may indeed result in some short term negative repercussions but in the long run I hope that it will reveal the folly and destructive neutering nature of political correctness and begin the journey back to center.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Reading this, one recurring thought that I have is that my ancestors that came to this country, came from what was, at the time, though of as a shithole. Ireland, mainly in the mid-1800's. Some much earlier than that.

They DID roll up their sleeves and work their ass off when here.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I was there on "business" with a once in a lifetime type buddy of mine who passed away a few years ago.
    This one particular trip was in 1988 or 1989 if I had to guess. We were meeting "Mr Big" to secure the purchase of many many Cuban cigars
    and were in a car with a total stranger who was to drive us to Biggie's office. We rode for about an hour or so
    thru the most god forsaken sewer of villages you will ever see, never on pavement. Poverty like you cant imagine. Then we arrive at a decent sized city
    and pull up to a mall. This mall looks and is about the size of say Columbiana Mall on Harbison Blvd in Columbia.
    We park and are told we have to go inside to see Bigs. Apparently his office is inside the mall. We enter the mall and its completely dark inside.
    No power and come to find out the power has been off for years and thieves and gangster have taken it over. Here is the crazy part, every store
    in the mall has lanterns, candles burning and the better ones have loud ass generators sitting in the middle of the floor running a single light bulb.
    Each store in the mall has a sweet swag specialty, such as Cuban cigars, knock off Rolexes, Replica Ray Bans, etc. (not like retail but like in a distribution type thing)
    The hallways were lined with junkies shooting H up, needles hanging from their arms. Well, we get about 50 yards into this place and I look at my
    partner and say, "no way' and we tell the driver, "take us home". He gets on a walkie talkie and a guy with a gun appears and takes us to Biggies shop. They debate
    in whatever language it was whether we are cops and whether to kill us or not. Long story made short......Biggie ended up liking us and we bought a cigar or two
    I will never forget it. I actually liked this cat, he was younger and educated than I expected. It was really funny, I remember all he wanted to talk about was asking us questions about the US. He had never been and was curious. This was before the internet and digital shit. He actually gave me a business card when I was leaving and asked for my phone number because he wanted to come see the states. I was living in Cape Hatteras at the time and thought what the hell, I gave him my number and the fool actually called me about a year later. I never saw him again, but learned on a subsequent trip that he had been stabbed to death.
    This, in its entirety, could happen, just as you state it, in Atlanta.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Cigars huh? Tell the truth, you went to buy a kilo, and ended up with an eight ball.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Roddie, do you honestly think immigrants today contribute to society as much as immigrants from ww2 and before?

Are there figures available showing percentages of immigrants today on govt assistance vs the preWW2 immigrants?

Peepaw liked having the Asian girls to the club. So not all immigrants are bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Reading this, one recurring thought that I have is that my ancestors that came to this country, came from what was, at the time, though of as a shithole. Ireland, mainly in the mid-1800's. Some much earlier than that.

They DID roll up their sleeves and work their ass off when here.
    Sorry about the potato's.

In all seriousness I saw a bit of the "congressional inquiry" into this at lunch. The DHS was speaking and she didn't get into the he said/she said mess except to say that alot.of people used harsh language including Graham. But it was clear to me that the debate was about merit based vs the lottery.

No one is advocating that immigrants from certain countries not be allowed in. But instead that people shouldn't be accepted just because they are from a specific country through the "lottery". Qualified immigrants are still accepted regardless of their country. It's a subtle yet key difference. And it's no mistake that after a successful meeting and discussion that the conversation has turned to this.

Senator Graham was speaking as well and kept going on about how something changed between Tuesday and Thursday. And then later conviently left in the middle of the proceedings to speak to reporters and basically blamed it on Trump's staff.

From the 15 minutes I watched it seemed like Graham and Durbin had a deal. Trump balked and now they are upset.

in whatever language it was whether we are cops and whether to kill us or not.
    Long story made short......Biggie ended up liking us and we bought a cigar or two
    How do you know this is what they were contemplating? You sure they weren't just marveling over your jorts and white "tennyshoes" (SW reference)?

Oh, he knows without a doubt. He had a friend of a friend there on the sidelines that speaks "shitholie" and told him exactly what they said.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Sorry about the potato's.
    LOL yeah, no shit.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Oh, he knows without a doubt. He had a friend of a friend there on the sidelines that speaks "shitholie" and told him exactly what they said.
    tenor.gif

Fuck Haiti and the shitheads that live in that shithole.
    I almost got murdered there, no shit.
    Doesn't sound to me like you "almost got murdered" at all. You didn't even get shot at or swung on.

I have an uncle and a few cousins that have been to Haiti about 30 times in the last 10 years. They post pictures posing with orphans like someone at an animal shelter. It is weird but they are making a difference in their minds....

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I have an uncle and a few cousins that have been to Haiti about 30 times in the last 10 years. They post pictures posing with orphans like someone at an animal shelter. It is weird but they are making a difference in their minds....
    Maybe they can pick up some "cigars" for ecu next time.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Maybe they can pick up some "cigars" for ecu next time.
    I am good but thanks. Cigar days are well behind me

Cigarettes > cigars