Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Unicoi

Was my first time going...There was a bunch of turkey everywhere... Hate I didn't get to meet some of y'll.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a tire kicker at a turkey call show
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

DC, The show is 98% custom turkey calls. A few choke manufacturers and 2 custom knife makers. Kelly Puckett was there with some amazing Turkey art. Folks who come know what to bring their money for... No Tittfany Lewkosky photo ops, candy corn or cinnamon pecans. The only way to keep this very specialized show an annual event is for folks to spend money.

For example, in 1982, this show is where I met Neil Cost ( and bought a call from him).. who is to say the next great Turkey callmaker wasn't there. The best of the best were in attendance. It's a great experience. Support the folks who make great stuff.

If there was a squirrel hunter's rendezvous somewhere, I am sure you would drive to attend, and bring cash..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Will try to attend next year. Sounds like a great thing.

It's the best. Like me.

Wish I could have made it, I'd really like to get my hands on a box call from Mr. Wendell Lancaster one of these days!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

DC, The show is 98% custom turkey calls. A few choke manufacturers and 2 custom knife makers. Kelly Puckett was there with some amazing Turkey art. Folks who come know what to bring their money for... No Tittfany Lewkosky photo ops, candy corn or cinnamon pecans. The only way to keep this very specialized show an annual event is for folks to spend money.

For example, in 1982, this show is where I met Neil Cost ( and bought a call from him).. who is to say the next great Turkey callmaker wasn't there. The best of the best were in attendance. It's a great experience. Support the folks who make great stuff.
    Which knife makers were there?

If there was a squirrel hunter's rendezvous somewhere, I am sure you would drive to attend, and bring cash..
    That's pretty much the Grand American, I've never been. And I'm not saying that just to be a smart aleck to your comment but it's the truth. I'm not giving up a day of actual hunting to drive to Orangeburg and talk about hunting
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 01-16-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I just picked up a buice trumpet made from a beavers bacculum. Cha-motherfuckin-Ching
    Instant Classic!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Which knife makers were there?

Wayne Hendrix and Scott Davidson

That's pretty much the Grand American, I've never been. And I'm not saying that just to be a smart aleck to your comment but it's the truth. I'm not giving up a day of actual hunting to drive to Orangeburg and talk about hunting
    Turkey season is closed.. all we can do is talk and dream about it for now.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Hendrix makes a good looking filet knife. I plan to get one for myself one of these days

Where can I go to find out information about next year's show? This is the first I've ever heard about this but custom turkey calls have become almost as addicting as chasing the gobblers themselves.

Mark's got a page on Facebook, dates are Jan 11-12 2019. I was there first thing Friday and stayed all day, should have gone back Saturday. Plan to stay the entire weekend.