Thread: Shooting at indoor gun range

Default Shooting at indoor gun range

I just heard on the 10:00 news (64)about a shooting at an indoor gun range in YORK county. News anchor they would tell more as they got information.

Accidental shooting at sportsman. Interesting they wouldn't name the business
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Accidental shooting at sportsman. Interesting they wouldn't name the business
    Crazy. I live right off of paraham and its nothing to swing in there and shoot sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I'm really surprised there aren't more accidents at ranges like this.

It seems some folks turn their brains off when they handle a gun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

I heard nothing on the news and did not see anything in the Hearld either.

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    I heard nothing on the news and did not see anything in the Hearld either.
    The link to the herald article is posted above

Easier than one thinks. I've seen a T1 operator damn near die fucking around with claymores and another parlyzed from an AD. Both world class shooter who spent most of their lives with weapons
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I teach in my classes that, while inexperience will do you in, complacency among experienced shooters can be just as bad.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Have swung in there shooting a time or too with my dad when I get back that way.

Good ol Newport Fire Dept responded...Played many years of baseball in front of that place.

whoah... I was just there yesterday. I shoot there quite a bit. Super nice folks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I'm really surprised there aren't more accidents at ranges like this.

It seems some folks turn their brains off when they handle a gun.
    No question about it.

I've taken my wife to an indoor range twice, and both times she's had a loaded pistol stuck in her face by the idiot next to us. She's vowed to never step I another one.

And when I stop in at PSA's range in Greenville I try to never set up close to anyone else and always stay between the stall walls. If someone is going to shoot me they're going to have to work at it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I teach in my classes that, while inexperience will do you in, complacency among experienced shooters can be just as bad.
    It's rarely the guy using a table saw for the first time that loses a finger. It the one who has been using it all his life.

Well I heard from a guy I work with that the victim shot himself. Whether it was accidental or on purpose I don’t know.

Edit:
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.heral...194343059.html
    Looks like he accidently shot himself in the chest
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 01-12-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Years ago, I was working as the range safety officer at an indoor range. There were only three shooters on the range, and one guy had his young (5-6 year old) kid with him. We didn't have a policy against it (at the time), and I was nervous as hell as it was obvious he wasn't watching his kid enough. He was about to shoot in his lane when his kid went UNDER the counter on the next lane - I yelled "cease fire!" before the kid even made it under. The guy turned and looked at me through the glass - I said "get your kid off the range". The look of terror on his face... He was embarrassed (rightfully) - I don't recall ever seeing him come back. Took ten years off my life. Things can happen quickly. I can count how many times I've shot on an indoor range in the last twenty years on one hand.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Condolences to the guy's family.

I used to get all of my trigger time I wanted at the hunt club after deer season. I usually had the range 100% to myself or with a trusted friend or two. I haven't been a member in a hunt club for a few years now and it sucks. I just moved to the Ballentine area a few months ago and will be trying to find a club that allows shooting during the off season.
    Stupid shit happens at gun ranges and I feel like I'm rolling the dice every time I go to one but I feel like shooting is a perishable skill if not practiced regularly so I usually go at least once every 2-3 weeks. As been said in an earlier post, whether it's a rubber head, a newbie or an experienced shooter, anything can happen. I can only hope that I'm never around when it does.
    If possible, I prefer to go to the range during the week while most folks are working.

A person has been shot at PSA in G'ville I'm pretty sure. My wife wanted to shoot a pistol and it was raining so I took her there. Some fool 3 lanes down from us shot out the light on the ceiling half way down the lane. My wife didn't see it and had only shot about 1 magazine. I told her. Let's go right now. She did t get it u till I pointed out he glass in the lane and explained. Won't go back. Can never tell where who is pointing what. I've seen a damn adult reach u set the bench while people were shooting. Not for me.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

How do you accidentally shoot yourself in the chest unless maybe he had a shoulder holster?