Thread: Marines Adopt H&K M27

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Marines Adopt H&K M27

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

It's a good gun. Shoots a lot cleaner than the DI M-4's, obviously, and variants have been in use by Special Forces units for a long time. It IS heavier than a M-4/M-16.

But they are insinuating they paid near $3000 for an M-4? Oh, hell, no.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

And a little pleased but not surprised that they ran the barrel further out to 17". They are squeezing as much velocity out of a 5.56mm as they can and still trying to keep it "handy" I imagine. There ARE SBR versions of that gun. I've shot the 10½" barrel version.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

From a military standpoint I find the 17" barrel more nonsense but as stupid as the corps is I'm not shocked
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

They are putting a premium on accuracy and optics over volume of fire. Originally the M27 phased out the M249 as the full auto variant on the squad level. Now they are going back to every Marine having a full auto capability. They are also doing a study on suppressing every gun in an infantry BN's arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    They are putting a premium on accuracy and optics over volume of fire. Originally the M27 phased out the M249 as the full auto variant on the squad level. Now they are going back to every Marine having a full auto capability. They are also doing a study on suppressing every gun in an infantry BN's arsenal.
    I love the idea of suppressing everyone. Full auto on anything not on a bipod is a waste.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I love the idea of suppressing everyone. Full auto on anything not on a bipod is a waste.
    The M249 from the shoulder would allow a dude to dump 200 rounds like it was cool and stay on tgt inside a 100 yds. An M4 on full auto is different but in select applications could be useful.

The M27s will have bipods for suppressive fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a military standpoint I find the 17" barrel more nonsense but as stupid as the corps is I'm not shocked

Funny... you should hear what they say about the Army.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    Funny... you should hear what they say about the Army.
    No doubt. I fully recognize rivalry between branches but at the end of the day I respect the corps more than the other branches.
    If you ask 500 soldiers or marines for that matter if they want or like 5.56 vs 7.62 all 500 will pick 7.62 yet here we are with 5.56. It isn't about what's best for the job. It's about what company does the best job lubing pockets. H&K makes quality weapons there is no doubt but take a look at what the socom guys use and buy when they control their own budget and this ain't it, at least not on a wide spread scale. It always has and always will chap my ass that the average grunt can't get the best tool for the job because of politics.
    Last edited by Griffin; 01-12-2018 at 04:34 PM.

No doubt. I fully recognize rivalry between branches but at the end of the day I respect the corps more than the other branches.
    If you ask 500 soldiers or marines for that matter if they want or like 5.56 vs 7.62 all 500 will pick 7.62 yet here we are with 5.56. It isn't about what's best for the job. It's about what company does the best job lubing pockets. H&K makes quality weapons there is no doubt but take a look at what the socom guys use and buy when they control their own budget and this ain't it, at least not on a wide spread scale. It always has and always will chap my ass that the average grunt can't get the best tool for the job because of politics.
    Good points. I was thinking when I read the first post that they are wasting time changing rifles if they keep the same round. 5.56 is going to become even more obsolete now that even groups like ISIS wears armor