Thread: Old Massey Ferguson 283 not running

Default Old Massey Ferguson 283 not running

I have a MF 283 that hasn't been running in approx 3 years. When she was parked she "ran" but needed a lot of "persuasion" to get started, hydrolics were slow, and she was just ornery. I'm not inclined to put any money towards getting her running and would prefer to sell, auction, just get rid of it at this point. Currently located in Elloree and looking for options as far as getting her gone?? She does have a large bushog loader attached, so there may be some value in parting her out.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

You should run an ad in the market bulletin. Large target audience and better people than you will find on craigslist. If you don’t feel like fixing it, I doubt you want to mess with the hassle of parting it out. I think the ad is free, also. Google SC market bulletin.

What kind of price you thinking?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Duke’s in North could auction it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post a pic or PM me one. Got someone hunting one for parts

I know someone interested- please pm a price and pic if you have one- he already has 2 MF tractors, also what year is it?

Thanks guys- let me get the details and get back with yall. I don't think i have any pics on the phone... got to check.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I know someone interested- please pm a price and pic if you have one- he already has 2 MF tractors, also what year is it?
    This model was made from 1985 to 1997.To narrow down the year, you need the serial # .