Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the better shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    SBE3 doesn't have the click
    No it doesn’t and it’s the main reason I want to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    SBE3 doesn't have the click
    Wrong. And proved it to the benelli guys at NWTF last spring
    80-20 Genaration

Who has just one shotgun anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SCH20FWLNSUX View Post
    Who has just one shotgun anyway?
    Probably just people that pay $1500 for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Wrong. And proved it to the benelli guys at NWTF last spring
    I played with it for 15 min at the store and cold not get it to do it. Every time you leaned the Gun forward to shoot it it slides the bolt forward if it’s not in battery. How did you get it to do it? Inquiring minds must know, as I have been looking real hard at a SB3

Benelli is absolutely horrible gun, better get out while you can, pm me any M1 you have and i'll help you out to buy that new beretta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Should have thrown the 8' net...this 12 footer is so full that it's gonna take 2-3 grown folks to pull it over the rail....

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    Give me a break. Speaking of guns I’m leaving Thursday is that one for sale yet?
    Damn I was going to meet up Friday and let you get it. Oh well.

I don't have much experience with inertia shotguns, more so with gas operated and pumps. One thing I have noticed with the franchi I got last year is the locking lugs in the barrel. Seems to me that those need to be paid attention to when cleaning because a little gunk could lead to the lugs not locking in fully. I assume this is the "click" being discussed here, not letting the action slam shut so as to engage the bolt fully. Gas operated semi autos, even pumps can have this issue if you try to close the bolt slowly to be quiet like while turkey hunting or such. I know for a fact it's saved a few toms lives. If I am off completely off base with the comments and misunderstanding then well, it ain't the first time. I really like the inertia action and must say they are butter smooth compared to gas operated guns. Heck of a lot cleaner as well.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-08-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Damn I was going to meet up Friday and let you get it. Oh well.
    I bet. We can meet Wednesday.

In the last week I've hunted with sbe's/m2's/ a400s, and a super nova, all were having trouble cycling in this cold, some were just due to the bolt sticking because of the cold....but still they all had problems. My o/u cycled every time...i missed my third shot on a few groups of mallards that were over the decoys...but doubles are better than clicks, or failure to ejects.....20 degrees and under and Ill leave the browning gold at home.
    Last edited by scswamprat; 01-08-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

I've been shooting an A391 Xtrema II since 2005 with no issues. I bought an A300 Outlander three weeks ago and have shot around 40 birds with it so far with no issues. I clean them about every three trips and they seem to stay in perfectly functioning condition. They both shoulder and shoot very well for me with no adjustments and no aftermarket parts needed. I'll continue to stick with Beretta until they fail me.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Aftermarket spring my ass. I have a benelli Vinci and have never had a jam. I mean never. I keep my guns clean and take care of them. I will say the only thing it has done is give me a click because the bolt wasn’t all the way closed. My brother shoots an extreme 2 and has had the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    No it doesn’t and it’s the main reason I want to upgrade.
    You slammed your pecker in the door on this, bo.

The only gun I've ever sold was a benelli. I hate em.

I heard one feels like a pair of new titties

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You slammed your pecker in the door on this, bo.

The only gun I've ever sold was a benelli. I hate em.
    I just said on the SBE 3 it’s not possible. I don’t know of any other gun maker that has tried to prevent it. That to me is a big plus. Don’t think it will happen on a beretta? Ask cofcwaterfowler what happened to him last week on some redheads. It happens to all of them.

On my Vinci it has only happened to me once. It was on a turkey after I had belly crawled for about 100yrds. I’m pretty sure I knocked the bolt out of breach in doing so.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-13-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    ... a benelli. I hate em.
    At least we can agree on that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft