Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project - General Purpose "Woods" Rifle

I like the Model 7, but being able to suppress it was key to me and I didn't want a SAUM or WSM.

I'm looking forward to not only hunting with this Grendel AR, but seeing what I can do with it at modest distances in some not-so-long-range competitions. Although I'd likely put my NF SHV on it for that.

I picked up a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel the other day - the one with the heavier threaded barrel - and it was neat. A lot of folks jumping on it. I looked at the Ruger gun as well (American). I'm just not sure what to expect from them accuracy-wise.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

CZ has a Grendel as well. 123SSTs get good reviews. Go on the Grendel forum. Lots of reviews there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post

I'm looking forward to not only hunting with this Grendel AR, but seeing what I can do with it at modest distances in some not-so-long-range competitions. Although I'd likely put my NF SHV on it for that.

It’ll work just fine. Out to 400yards anyway

1376573E-659E-4258-A9CF-A35A4D45FD93.jpg

FC5F80CA-2DD2-464A-B903-55943FCE14A8.jpg

14618192-7B98-44CC-9BC5-B8ED19E39A0D.jpg

Googly eyed hoe.

That wuz gangsta style meat hunt'n rite dare!! Roll'n on the electric golf cart with the suppressed Grendel bust'n ass and showing no mercy.

That wuz a good cooler load up

Since both cartridges are brought up here, why the 260 over a 6.5 Creed. Seems the Creed is running the 260 to death in sales.

That said, I think if Remington had done a little more marketing on the 260, the 6.5 Creed would not be here. I do not load, but I have heard a person can load up the 260 right well due to thicker brass.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

They are both good cartridges. The Creedmoor's neck is longer and thus better suited to long high BC bullets is my understanding. Tailor made for longer range shooting. My brother has and still hunts with an old Savage Tactical model (Tupperware stock) in 260 that is accurate as hell. I wonder what it would do in a real stock....

The creedmoor has a slightly longer neck and is a tad more efficient due to case design.

It beats it out in sales due to marketing and in turn availability of factory ammo.

The 260 is a tad faster. Brass thickness doesn’t have much to do with it anymore since Lapua has came out with creedmoor brass. The 260 will have a longer barrel life. Personally I prefer the 260 over the creedmoor.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Since both cartridges are brought up here, why the 260 over a 6.5 Creed. Seems the Creed is running the 260 to death in sales.

That said, I think if Remington had done a little more marketing on the 260, the 6.5 Creed would not be here. I do not load, but I have heard a person can load up the 260 right well due to thicker brass.
    It's very simple. 6.5 creedmore is way cooler sounding than 260 Remington. I mean come on... that shit ain't even close
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

The Swedes pretty much got it right in 1894