Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for my Father in Law today

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Sounds like a pretty tough spot to be in. Prayers sent for your FIL and rest of the family.

That it is, in fact wife just texted me. They were hoping to do a local block for amputation but had to put him under general anesthesia now. That is what they were very nervous about .

Thanks for all the prayers, He is a good man

Sent.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Prayers sent.
    I went through a very similar situation with my FIL several years ago.

Prayers Sent

more comin
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

you got them
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Prayers sent for him and all those around him.

Prayers up
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Praying for him and your family.

Prayers sent for everyone involved.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Prayers up...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Prayer sent
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Folks I REALLY appreciate all your prayers, FIL made it through the surgery ok. Wife said he actually looked a little better but still very weak
    I do not know all the medical terminology she uses but he has not been eating in weeks and some test they did said he is at starvation levels . Now they said one of 2 things, either the infection is so bad it has killed is appetite OR he is getting at that stage toward the end of his life where you just basically quit eating

They are also checking for infection in his heart/lung area but right now his doing ok for the moment

AGAIN thanks SO MUCH for prayers and thoughts

I guess sometimes I do not realize how fortunate My Mom, Sister and I were with my Dad. He died in 2010 at 82 yrs old with a very quick illness and less than 2 weeks at hospice . LOVED MY Dad and he was the Greatest Man I ever knew but it was time and I am thankful we did not have to see him detoriate like this

FIL has been battling this for almost 3 yrs and has been very bad shape last 6-8 months.
    Last edited by tprice; 01-11-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Prayers sent

Thanks again for all the prayers, I will update.

Things have not gone well and basicall he has a feeding tube and is back in CCU as of early Wednesday AM

Just biding time now to be honest. He is fighting hard but pain is unbearable

Wife is POA and signed DNR yesterday with her Sister and Mom's approval

If y'all don't mind just keep "THE ROCK" in your prayers (he was called that since I met him 40 yrs ago). Great guy and always had lot of fun with him

EVEN if his ass would get sea sick sitting in my boat between IOP and Dewees Island catching sharks and drinking beer
    Last edited by tprice; 01-11-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Got em
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Prayers sent.

Sent

Updated. After a lot of ups and downs FIL was moved to Rainey Hospice House last night. He has been in Hospitals, rehab and back to St Francis( has not been home since this all started ) this week due to sepsis after MRI yesterday it was revealed he had a massive stroke in last few days.

Wife got pretty emotional having to sign all the stuff for Hospice but knows it is time and all that can be done. Sister in Law having a hard time with it (have no clue why but she thinks they can do something for him ). Mother In Law is worn down and really worried about her more at this point.

Would really appreicate all your prayers again, had a lot of good times with this man over the years and sad to see him in this shape. Praying now for his comfort and rest. He actually was the last person my Dad ever baptized about 12-13 yrs ago.
    Thanks for prayers and thoughts.
    Last edited by tprice; 03-20-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Prayers