Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold kills

There was a trout kill in Edisto. Not really sure how bad it will affect things but the trout fishing in 2017 was really good. Hope it didn't screw it up too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

We fished this evening and caught 0. Shad was stacked up on the bottom so thick trying to stay warm I guess. 8' of water. Been along time since I have seen what we saw on the graph bout dark. For you haters, we did not try hard to catch a fish.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Bump this again. It sounds like they are finding dead black drum and sheepshead in NC all over the place. If that is true than the inshore trout are all but dead.

The guides are saying it’s the worst they have ever seen in Nc.

Any major cold kills reported in the low country? I have seen a lot of dead fish on Parris Island but those were in the bays on base that do not drain. I have heard of some dead fish that didn’t leave the skinny water but overall it didn’t sound that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The redfish and trout have been hit hard. Had a buddy that counted over 100 dead redfish in the creeks south of Charleston last weekend.

Dead trout and red drum reports from Little River to Hilton Head, also fair number of reports of sheepshead and black drum.

SC DNR asking fisherman to voluntarily release all trout caught. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/news/2018/jan/jan18_seatrout.html

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    There were cold kills in the winter of 14/15 as well but it wasn’t this bad. The commercial fisherman cleaned the creeks in N.C. out with gill nets and people simply didn’t catch many trout until the fall of 16. The fishery was rocking and rolling again this fall but it’s going to take some time to recover. At least the gill nets have been shutdown until after the spawn.

French Creek in April, about 150 yards down on left side bank........Pro tip

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    French Creek in April, about 150 yards down on left side bank........Pro tip
    I am in Beaufort now but hopefully we go back...

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I am in Beaufort now but hopefully we go back...
    They head to French when the freeze comes, that shallow black water and all the soft deep black pluff mud
    is warmer. Don't tell anyone though