Thread: First goose hunt

Default First goose hunt

The family met in MD to celebrate the New Year so I talked my Dad into arranging a guided hunt while we were together. I don't know how many more hunts my Dad will be going on so I decided to take Colt. We missed out on everything last year so I'm trying to let his enthusiasm be my gauge. He really wanted to join the rest of the boys so I put together as much cold weather gear as I could find and packed more gear for him than I've ever packed for myself. His first response to my attempt to wake him up was "more sleep". I let his cousin try one last time and Colt rolled out of bed. I was prepared to pull the plug as soon as he became uncomfortable. I was hesitant to get him out in those conditions but he's proven to be a lot tougher than I've ever imagined

My only mistake was not having him try on his boots. The last time he wore them, they fit fine. Unfortunately I didn't realize that was more than 3 months ago until it was too late. After 20 minutes of struggling to get his feet in the boots, I had to cut slits in the heels to get his feet inside.

Snow was falling and the temperature was 19 at sunrise. Eventually the snow stopped at 9:30am and the geese started flying. The pit was comfortable and there was enough room to have the Buddy Heater which was a last minute purchase before leaving for MD.

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Great pics! Love to see the kiddos smiling big.

Great pictures. That last one needs to be in a frame on the wall.

Awesome! Dad, grandpa and son. What I would give to have that...
    Sab...yup-that’s really my name
    Roll Dam Tide