Thread: Kitty hawk area

Default Kitty hawk area

Anyone hunted there,or near there recently?we are heading up next Sunday to hunt for 3 days.I know they were froze up the past couple days but was told they are killing lots of ducks on what little open water they have.anybody personally experienced this?I know in Missouri,when we hunt there right after a thaw,we usually do great.the ducks move back in or back from the river overnight.
    The price is firm.

I’ve hunted the Outer Banks for years. Had good hunts and slow hunts. Who are you hunting with? You get days with wind out the North, you can figure you’ll have a decent day of hunting. A day with wind out the south of any direction, and plan on shooting Buffleheads. Pay attention as long as you are in the blind. I’ve killed the majority of my good ducks, especially Pintail between 10am and 2 pm. I’ve seen Oregon Inlet one frozen piece of ice. It can be good after a freeze. Lots of refuge area up there that birds won’t leave once the weather clears. They know where they’re safe at. Good luck.

We are hunting with vic berg.I've hunted Ocracoke before out of a sink box but never kitty hawk.I guess we will be moving around.from what I was told we will move to target different species.we saw tons of pintail on Ocracoke and killed our one a piece the last time I went,but after that we just sat and watched all the pintail come in.hoping to get a good mixed bag.I would really like to kill my first widgeon and a black duck.they said yesterday the canvas back are starting to show up so that's awesome.just hoping it's not a buffle head shoot for 3 days.we will see.regardless it will be fun
    The price is firm.

I’ve hunted with Vic for years. Shot 20 different species with him and his guides. You’re not going to hunt the same place with the same guide twice. Go with the flow, be prepared to stay all day. Make sure you go eat at the Jolly Roger Restaurant. Supper is great there, breakfasts are really good. Their cinnamon rolls taste just like my grandma’s. Kelly’s is another good place to go eat. A little pricey, but good. Another neat place to go checkout is a store called, The Bird Store. It’s out on the main highway. Guy named Phil owns it. Super nice guy, and has all kinds of old and new decoys, prints carvings, etc. I’ve learned a lot from Vic and his guys over the years. A lot of good memories made there. Have fun.

876042A9-8353-4960-8343-AC34BEA0CFEA.jpeg

Slaya, that was a darn fine hunt.

Killed my first Canvasback hunting with Vic and his guides back about 30 or so years ago. It can be good and it can be slow but you will have a good time
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Big Time, I agree. We were actually in the right place, and at the right time, that day!

Yeah I hope we have some good hunts but it will definitely be an experience,the only other out of state I do is in Arkansas and missouri.im sure we will have a good time.weather looks to be right those days
    The price is firm.