Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee help

Default Coffee help

I just started drinking this stuff and I like it black. I go to the thicket or cracker barrel and theirs is great black. When I make this stuff at home it taste like burnt motor oil. What the hell am I doing wrong. Also what's the best coffee to get. Looking for something like the breakfast joints. (Tripplebeard) I don't want your take on this because the way you make yours with a splash of dawn dish soap is disgusting!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

What kind of machine

I drink cheap blonde coffee at home, out of the house there are a couple gas station coffees I like. I drink black, no sugar, with normally a couple few lumps of ice. I don't like burning my tongue, and I'm impatient. Blonde coffee has more caffeine.

*not all of it is actually cheap. I kinda like it though. I mean I do drink some fancy coffees every once and a while.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-01-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Go buy a kureig.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

It's a cheap Hamilton Beach flexbrew. We use light roasted breakfast blend grocery store brand.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I use Folgers at the house maxwell house at the office

I too drink black with one piece of ice for quick consumption.

If it’s motor oilish then you need to cut back on the amount of grounds you aren’t putting in.

Also the longer it sits in the pot the more caramelized it gets and the worst it taste

I think my favorite is McDonalds coffee
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Go buy a kureig.
    This. I’ve been drinking coffee since I was 7. I can’t make a pot of coffee worth a shit.

As far as the ice thing. My entire life my dad has made extra coffee each day and pours it into an ice cube tray, then pops out two ice coffee cubes to put in his cup to cool it down, but not water it down. Made fun of him for years. Now a days there's an ice cube tray filled with coffee in my freezer.

When I was young I’d walk down to my grandparent’s house for breakfast. My grandma would be at the stove making the best scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. My grandpa would be sitting there at his seat at the table, looking out at the pond and drinking his coffee. He’d always tell me that coffee would stunt my growth, and I should always eat a good breakfast. I took his advice and have never tasted coffee, and I grew up eating Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies and Swiss Cake Rolls for breakfast when I didn’t go to my grandparent’s. I’m 6’4 and 270lbs. So my grandpa was right.

Black rifle coffee. 1 tablespoon per 2 cups

Fresh Market House Blend is where it’s at.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Grind your own beans and start making pour over coffees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do I start???

I grind my own and use the POS black and decker drop machine, a French press or an aeropress. Black Rifle BB whole bean for the coffee. And yes, Black.

When I'm in the field I have my titanium 3 cup press always and often my aeropress. They're both great for single servings. For multiple people the aeropress is better in the field because it's faster and in that case I'll use my cook pot to heat more water at once.

The bonus to the French press is you get to keep some of the oils that a filtered brewer will siphon off. (Note: some presses will come with a cloth type filter backing the mesh.....remove that shit).

I’d start by reading the directions on the can/bag of the coffee you bought. Coffee, like everything else in life, starts with the fundamentals. After you nail that down feel free to get philosophical and “make it your own”. Until then follow the dang directions provided for you.

I got the $30 walmart version of a kureig and use folgers regular. Best coffee ive ever made. Because mr coffee and i just cant get along. Im sure theres better coffee out there but i cant make it. If you use grounds, try a pinch of salt. Takes the bitter out.
    Last edited by Moose843; 01-01-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Nothing like a percolator pot at deer camp to get your shit moving.

A Kureig makes good, consistent coffee.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Everything tater said. Every Black Rifle blend I’ve tried was great. Depends on your taste.

But this to start with.....

Amora 8-cup Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker - FREE Coffee Spoon & 5 Mesh Filters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1WNKP8..._hTAhCO1VURdCh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

What Glenn said.

Make a full pot each time. Use a measuring cup to get your coffe grounds right.

My ratio is 9 cups of water and a 1/3 of a cup of grounds. I like eight o'clock coffe. If your using a cup or thermos use boiling water to clean your them. Never use soap. If you drink black coffe your supposed to use the low setting on your pot. I have a cuisanart that makes good coffe. It has a timer. That will change your life.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

But, if y'all wanna drink the hooded mergansers of the coffee world then by all means just swing by the grocery store, gas station or Starbucks and rock out with your wee wee out.

This is most ridiculous thread I've ever read.