Thread: I now know what cold is!!!

Default I now know what cold is!!!

So, in my 5 years in Indiana, I’ve waded creeks at -2 and have experienced -8...it was cold, but keep covered, and it was nice. So I’m up in the UP for 2 weeks. Skied at -2...fun. Then it dropped to -14, and it was so cold that the runs were half as fast as the day before. Left out of Ironwood to go to Calumet this am and it was -21! So, 10 seconds of -21 with -40-50 WCF feels ok...then at 20 seconds, you realize that if you were trapped in it, you’d die...PERIOD! Drove 2.5 hour trip doing 40mph scared to death to run off road and cause my family to freeze to death! So, y’all aught to be seeing a pile of ducks soon! Cool factoid that I did not realize...they said at the slopes that at -30, you basically would not be going anywhere on the slopes...like skiing on a hill of sand! Cool!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    So, in my 5 years in Indiana, I’ve waded creeks at -2 and have experienced -8...it was cold, but keep covered, and it was nice. So I’m up in the UP for 2 weeks. Skied at -2...fun. Then it dropped to -14, and it was so cold that the runs were half as fast as the day before. Left out of Ironwood to go to Calumet this am and it was -21! So, 10 seconds of -21 with -40-50 WCF feels ok...then at 20 seconds, you realize that if you were trapped in it, you’d die...PERIOD! Drove 2.5 hour trip doing 40mph scared to death to run off road and cause my family to freeze to death! So, y’all aught to be seeing a pile of ducks soon! Cool factoid that I did not realize...they said at the slopes that at -30, you basically would not be going anywhere on the slopes...like skiing on a hill of sand! Cool!
    Did you have a Lot of sugar today??

Have fun, although going up there this time of year doesn't seem fun, and stay safe and warm.

Always! And Coffee...lots of strong coffee!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!