Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Menu Thread

Today is my granddads birthday, he's 78.
    It usually starts out with my sister and I exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve (she's a good gift giver, she got me a yeller handled case knife) and then grandmas for a big breakfast with the family and giving Pop presents. Then all the guys head out and play a round of golf with Pop. But with Christmas Eve being on a Sunday all of that took place yesterday because my grandparent wouldn't take a chance on being late (or missing) to church and pop doesn't play golf on Sunday.

Church this morning, afternoon squirrel hunt and a big drop-in tonight that my mom puts on. All sorts of goodies with my favorite being ham rolls. I'll sit next to my favorite uncle and when he goes outside to smoke I'll tag along and he'll tell me dirty jokes.

Some type of hunting will take place in the morning , followed by a big breakfast with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. Some type of afternoon hunt and then down to grandmas at 5 for the big Christmas dinner. Ham, with all the fixings

Y'all be safe and have a Merry Christmas!.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Church this morning for Christmas singing and play. My oldest is a sheep and it’s gonna be good. Traditional lunch with the wife’s family today, family reunion at the church tonight with pot luck meal( I’m making bang bang chicken) to my dads moms tonight for pickups( I’ll be taking leftover bang bang chicken and homemade sweet tai chili meatballs), then Home to finish putting together this Silverado power wheels as i regret everything I ate. Santa will come and tomorrow morning I’ll fry some maple breakfast sausage from hickory hills. Lunch with the wife’s other side with an early exit to my mom’s mom’s house for desert. Hopefully passing out for a little bit after that then off to Mom and dads for more pickups( I’ll be making venison burger sloppy joe sliders on hawiahian rolls)
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Duck Cutter you got ties to Horry County. That yeller handled case knife is an Horry County passport! HaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Today is my granddads birthday, he's 78.
    It usually starts out with my sister and I exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve (she's a good gift giver, she got me a yeller handled case knife) and then grandmas for a big breakfast with the family and giving Pop presents. Then all the guys head out and play a round of golf with Pop. But with Christmas Eve being on a Sunday all of that took place yesterday because my grandparent wouldn't take a chance on being late (or missing) to church and pop doesn't play golf on Sunday.

Church this morning, afternoon squirrel hunt and a big drop-in tonight that my mom puts on. All sorts of goodies with my favorite being ham rolls. I'll sit next to my favorite uncle and when he goes outside to smoke I'll tag along and he'll tell me dirty jokes.

Some type of hunting will take place in the morning , followed by a big breakfast with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. Some type of afternoon hunt and then down to grandmas at 5 for the big Christmas dinner. Ham, with all the fixings

Y'all be safe and have a Merry Christmas!.

That sounds like a hella good time!
    Merry Christmas to all of yall !!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Low country boil for dinner. Brownies 'n ice cream for dessert.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well i had my ghost best buddy make a drive by today with some of the most delicious summer sausage a man could ever put in your mouth. That was an or derve before me and my girls and nephew tear into some prime rib/au jus sandwiches with hoagie rolls and hi dollar cheese from the publix (like 15.99/lb).....harvarti i think is what they called it....later on tonight. I’s kinda hongrey cause all i’ve had the past 3 days is 1792, garrisons, basil haydens, some blantons, and some kinda green label stuff that is kinda smooth. Then i’ll probably get the muchies about 2ish after i get my 7yr old nephews utv out and together and will have some more of said ghost best buddies pecan sandies and some milk before i wake up and start all over tomorrow with some egg nog.

Merry christmas fellas. Good friends and good times are more than a memory

BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat) to be grilled. Baked sweet potatoes, creamed spinach. Rolls. Simple fare. Followed by a pecan pie.

Appetizers and snacks will be cheese biscuits (like cheese straws) and toll house cookies from the old family recipes.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Byom. Always that one guy that brings a steak that is half an inch thick and acts like he doesn't recognize his sitting next to the thick Ribeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    That sounds like a hella good time!
    Merry Christmas to all of yall !!
    Thanks, it is a great time!
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Pirleau was tonight with my mom's half. Home made rolls, sweet peas, and mashed potatoes were served on the side.

Tomorrow morning after Santa has departed and youngin has broken open every piece of candy that Santa left him... wifey is cooking a monster breakfast of patty sausage, maple sausage links, BACON, eggs (fried and scrambled), grits, pancakes, and wop biscuits. We will exchange our gifts and then get dressed and ready to go back to Mom's for the family get together with my Dad's half. On the way over there we will stop by the corner store and drop off a Christmas breakfast plate to the owner. That old man is as much a part of my family as any of my uncles. (He has grown accustomed to his Christmas breakfast) and always sends me off with a Bud Light tall boy. The afternoon will be spent boiling shrimp and sausage and potatoes and all that "whatchamacallit" boil and shooting skeet in the back 40 until it's ready. Where we will all eat under the carport until everyone can barely move away from the table. Presents will be exchanged and the guests will head back to their homesteads for peaceful tranquility after a long weekend of go go go. Then it's back on to the search for ducks and doves and deers and whatever else we can shoot for the rest of the week.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 12-25-2017 at 12:01 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Breakfast casserole
    Mamosas
    Duck poppers
    Bacon wrapped scollops
    Prime rib
    Lobster tails
    Stone crab claws
    Spiral ham
    Turkey breast
    Bunch of other crap
    Natties
    Crown
    Maker's
    And cup cakes my grand daughter made.
    Dang you on my side of town? I'm coming to your house
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

For Breakfast Wife and I will have Sausage biscuits, one of her co workers Husband has small family sausage buiness and pretty dang good . In fact I buy 15 packs of it to give to clients and family (McAdams Sausage Fair Play)

Last night for Christmas Eve I picked up a order for my inlaws from one of my clients and Our Favorite BBQ place
    Circle M BBQ
    Pulled pork
    Baked Beans
    Marinated slaw
    And few orders of ribs

Man that was GREAT and NONE LEFT at all

Late lunch/early dinner with our Son, Daughter and their spouses and our precious 3 yr old grandson

Pretty simple at our kids request

Fried Turkey
    mashed potatoes
    Green beans
    Ham

And my wife will always make those little ham/Swiss cheese biscuits with Hawian rolls BECAUSE our SON loves them. 30 yrs old he still gets catered to by his Mom

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
    Last edited by tprice; 12-25-2017 at 08:34 AM.

It ain't safe to open the refrigerator due to avalanche hazard. Crazy woman bought filets, ribeye, and strip steaks. For the love of all...who eats a dang strip?

And then there's shrimp, king crab, lobster, those sauage balls with bisquick in em, macaroni and cheese, a red velvet cake, and vegetables THAT NOBODY EVEN LOOKED AT.

For four people. She got half way through her lobster tail and announced she was full of tummy. Good thing I cooked none of the beef and only half of everything else.

Same around here, just a bunch of crazy food. I'm about to start smoking things. The table is set let we're about to eat another scheduled meal.

That little string of lights can get fixed later. They went out last night, I ain't about to go bulb searching or whatever it entails
    Last edited by Highstrung; 12-25-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Tiffany's petits fours are terrible. Lane makes the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I did make my version of monkey bread yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I like Lane's, but Tiffanys are freaking scrumptious.

20171225_124419.jpg

Ham, collards, cheese biscuits, some kind of bean thing, basically a bunch of normal things. I've got some ducks that were brined and they're going on for later.

Portion control is hard to explain and some folks never figure it out.

Heck with the meat, just gimme the king crab,shrimp and lobster. Meat can wait
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"