Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donnelley

Default Donnelley

Anyone been on a youth hunt out there this year? reports not looking too good. Both boys drawn for this weekend....and it will be their last YOUTH hunt.

BUT, I think I'm gonna cancel if reports are correct. It appears they killed one teal during the ice and three wood ducks on the most recent posted hunt.

Anyone????

Son1 is always excited for these trips. Son2 doesnt care but enjoys this adventure when we get drawn. Daughter1 and puppy2 would have to go with us since wife will be out of town. Sooooo....i aint going if the hunting will suck. we got plenty of chances to have adventures....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have zero input......however, you never know what will fly in the decoys.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Anyone been on a youth hunt out there this year? reports not looking too good. Both boys drawn for this weekend....and it will be their last YOUTH hunt.

BUT, I think I'm gonna cancel if reports are correct. It appears they killed one teal during the ice and three wood ducks on the most recent posted hunt.

Anyone????

Son1 is always excited for these trips. Son2 doesnt care but enjoys this adventure when we get drawn. Daughter1 and puppy2 would have to go with us since wife will be out of town. Sooooo....i aint going if the hunting will suck. we got plenty of chances to have adventures....
    Tomorrow ain't promised. Go try to kill a some birds.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I'm sorry that I totally disagree with you people.

If they dont have ducks....they dont have ducks. Sure, you might hit the lottery on any given morning.... but these are 16yr old boys....not little kids. They (nor I) am gonna fall for that. I'm not driving to walterboro, spending the night, waking up at 4 to go meet, and then watching them shoot a wood duck.

See my point? Anyone????

2th why don't you call the techs onsite? Yeah I see your point. Optimist versus pessimist thing going on here. The problem is, there were a pile of other folks who put in for that same draw hunt who won't have a chance to go at all.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Make it a weekend - the boys will just remember time with Dad.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I'm w ya. Better opportunities elsewhere if there is no dux. Lots of time and effort consumed for no results.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Folks who are gonna waffle shouldn't put in for draw hunts to start with. Plenty of folks would be happy to have the experience and get their kid a chance to "just shoot a wood duck". Don't care how you spin it, that's a fact and if you belly up because of a bad report then you only accomplished denying someone who would have better appreciated the opportunity. At least cancel in time so Patty can let an alternate go in your place. It's about the kids for Pete's sake.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-15-2018 at 08:58 AM.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Folks who are gonna waffle shouldn't put in for draw hunts to start with. Plenty of folks would be happy to have the experience and get their kid a chance to "just shoot a wood duck". Don't care how you spin it, that's a fact and if you belly up because of a bad report then you only accomplished denying someone who would have better appreciated the opportunity. At least cancel in time so Patty can let an alternate go in your place. It's about the kids for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I'm sorry that I totally disagree with you people.

If they dont have ducks....they dont have ducks. Sure, you might hit the lottery on any given morning.... but these are 16yr old boys....not little kids. They (nor I) am gonna fall for that. I'm not driving to walterboro, spending the night, waking up at 4 to go meet, and then watching them shoot a wood duck.

See my point? Anyone????
    Sounds to me like you're looking for an excuse to sleep in. Just tell 'em your sciatica is acting up.

Glenn I know you are being snarky but you only further demonstrate my point.

2th don't look all that Chinese, really....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

If your mind was already made up that youre not going then why ask for others input?
    Psalm 23

Kids get bored quickly. Find your best hunting option and take them.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Sound like a snobby ass corn pond hunter. get up and go you old fart
    Last edited by Duckman#1; 01-15-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    If your mind was already made up that youre not going then why ask for others input?
    You do realize that this is toofer?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last youth hunt, they applied and were chosen.
    Stop looking for more reasons to NOT go.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

I've been tryin' to tell you fools that 2fer is an asshole.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

ha. thanks to all. I got what I expected....

i'm sorry your poor disadvantaged kid didnt get drawn. I'll surely cancel and let someone else enjoy the $50 experience.

I feel like i'm in the twilight zone. It is certainly well within my right not to go....but surely I would rather another person get an opportunity (ergo, I would call and cancel). I happen to get to spend lots of time with my kids in ducky areas so we are way past the "just enjoy the father/son time." I'll bet my kids would agree they would rather go on a GOOD duck hunt if we're gonna have to drive to the lowcountry and stay in a hotel, etc etc etc. They've been to Donnelley before.

so, I'm the only dad out there that wouldnt drive two hours with his son to shoot at a couple wood ducks? Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Kids get bored quickly. Find your best hunting option and take them.
    we should start an asshole club.