Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Important Warning From Alabama

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default An Important Warning From Alabama

An Important Warning From Alabama

And so Roy Moore's aspirations to become a senator are doused. Many are celebrating. I'm not going to comment on the politicking of the event. Whether one agrees with the platforms or Moore or Jones is not of vital interest to me since I see both parties as being owned by the same elites who are not really interested in the welfare of the citizenry. What is concerning to me is the roll that accusations of what is legally child molestation played in this election.

It should bother every and anybody who is concerned about "justice" and fairness, when anyone can decide, 40 years after the fact to raise accusations of serious legal implications. This is especially true with Moore because those same persons had multiple opportunities to make their claims when Moore was a judge and was in the Alabama and national public eye. It was only after having defeated the party preferred candidate did these accusations become public. To say that this was somehow coincidental is to believe the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale.

But politics is politics. We expect mud slinging. Fine. But what was really at stake here was the inherited idea that a person is innocent until proven guilty. That it is entirely unfair to a person to have accusations leveled against them decades after the alleged event. It is without a doubt that had this ambush not occurred that Moore would now be senator elect of Alabama if for no other reason than that decent people do not like persons who are child molesters. But the thing is, there is no evidence that Moore is or ever was one.

The accusation leveled against Moore was of an event that occurred some 40 years ago. What court can go and find evidence of this event from 40 years ago? What witness is going to be reliable 40 years later? What is worse in this case is that we have an actual forged document. Now lets' be clear about forgery, since if this piece is shared on Facebook, they might flag it as "fake". If a document is modified from it's original form then it is forged. So for example, if I write a check for $100 and fail to sign it and someone signs my signature as if I had done so and passed that off to a bank to cash it, they have forged a document. The entire document doesn't have to be made up from scratch. ANY modification of the document that is presented as if it was the original IS forgery. When the yearbook was presented to the public, the signature of Moore including the "D.A" and commentary was presented as written by Moore. This turns out to be not true. This was admitted to by the accuser 1 week prior to the election. Had this been presented in a trial, the evidence would be thrown out and the jury instructed to disregard. Hence legally there is no grounds to convict Moore. Moore, had he been given his day in court would have been acquitted of any and all charges. However; Moore did not get his day in court and may never get his day in court. Now that he has been defeated at the ballot box, there is no need for his accusers to continue. I expect that they will become silent and the event memory holed at least until Jones is seated. Moore will be permanently stained. And so will the nation.

Why? Because now we have ample evidence that we can accuse people of things and ruin their lives without consequence. The accused, if innocent, will unlikely be able to "prove" their innocence, which itself is a profound shift in American culture, because they will unlike have any evidence. How do you prove you didn't grab a booty? How do you prove you didn't go for that kiss? How do you defend against an "off color" joke that you thought was OK because you thought you had a relationship that allowed for that? What if you DID have a relationship that allowed for that kind of joke but some HR policy (or God forbid actual legislation) allows for someone else to be offended on behalf of the person they think to be the victim to make the accusation? Good luck. Of course businesses keen on reducing their liability for the sake of reputation and insurance premiums, not to mention the EEOC and whatever other 3 and 4 letter organizations that are ready to pounce, will quickly sever ties to the now untouchable.

So whether Jones is best for Alabama is for Alabamans to figure out. They have 6 years to deal with that decision. But the new standard of how to lose jobs and other opportunities is going to be felt by everybody. Because now all of us are officially on notice that a single accusation of something "inflammatory" enough in the minds of HR (if one is subject to an HR) can be the end of one's financial life. If it happens to you and you didn't object, on principle, the way Moore has been treated by the press on the issue, then you got what you didn't care about and have no one to blame but yourself.

PS: Since Alabamans are so against the 30 year old chatting up teenagers, I hope they are consistent and pass legislation that modifies their age of consent laws to address that. Failure to do so will only show just how hypocritical the entire situation is.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Isn’t Jones’ term only one year since the seat was to be up for the 2018 midterms? Either way, the precedent has been set for every Republican up for election to be accused and tried in the court of public opinion. Politics is a shady business but has taken an even darker turn.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

This precedent will go far beyond politics and Hollywood. Best keep your relations with coworkers cordial.

I try not to hire very attractive women. I had one walk in a few weeks back.. I was just like "I've got too many people now", please just turn your pretty face around and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I try not to hire very attractive women. I had one walk in a few weeks back.. I was just like "I've got too many people now", please just turn your pretty face around and leave.
    The 50/250 rule. Every female hire should be at least 50 years old or over 250 lbs.
    Carolina Counsel

The Crooked news media cost him.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    The 50/250 rule. Every female hire should be at least 50 years old or over 250 lbs.
    That right there is funny but true.

I work with all women. We drew names for gift giving and wrote down what we wanted. My selection wanted cleming stuff which is just nasty orange. Or Victoria’s Secret gift card. No f£€%ing way. She is getting a grocery store gift card.

Since he lost the job can he sue them now for defamation or slander?
    Last edited by mello_collins; 12-13-2017 at 02:21 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

You work with people 45+ hours per work week. You commute 5 hours per week. You sleep 40 hours per work week. There are 105 hours in a five day work week (8am Monday to 5pm Friday.) So > 40% of your waking hours you are with your fellow workers. Now if any of them are female, they are one email or phone call to HR away from blowing you up. Women and men are jealous, vindictive, stupid, etc. If you think that false claims have not been made then you are naive.

Roy Moore sounded like he may have had so judgement problems as even he and his early apologist offer phrases like, "He never dated underage girls...without asking their parents." He may have had the right message but the wrong messenger. However to your point there is absolutely nothing to prevent false alegations to be put forth by anyone.

Remember Duke Lacrosse? Probably. But you probably do not remember that it was 100% bullsh!t made up by a prostitute and a District Attorney who, by the way, was disbarred for his role in the illegal prosecution. Meanwhile, the coach and all of those players had their lives ruined.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...ct-allegations
    Dum Spiro Spero

Plain and simple discrimination
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    You work with people 45+ hours per work week. You commute 5 hours per week. You sleep 40 hours per work week. There are 105 hours in a five day work week (8am Monday to 5pm Friday.) So > 40% of your waking hours you are with your fellow workers. Now if any of them are female, they are one email or phone call to HR away from blowing you up. Women and men are jealous, vindictive, stupid, etc. If you think that false claims have not been made then you are naive.

Roy Moore sounded like he may have had so judgement problems as even he and his early apologist offer phrases like, "He never dated underage girls...without asking their parents." He may have had the right message but the wrong messenger. However to your point there is absolutely nothing to prevent false alegations to be put forth by anyone.

Remember Duke Lacrosse? Probably. But you probably do not remember that it was 100% bullsh!t made up by a prostitute and a District Attorney who, by the way, was disbarred for his role in the illegal prosecution. Meanwhile, the coach and all of those players had their lives ruined.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...ct-allegations
    i thought moore The perfect messenger for true conservative values. the best candidate since TRUMP! he truly made me proud to be an American

i really think that the problem is That there are too many of a certain kind of folks are voting in large numbers

we really need to nip this in the butt!

... people laughed about VP Pence's self-imposed rules about never being alone with a woman other than his wife. It looks more and more like the only way for a high-profile man to avoid accusations that can ruin his reputation without a speck of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by PartiotSmithWesson View Post
    i thought moore The perfect messenger for true conservative values. the best candidate since TRUMP! he truly made me proud to be an American

i really think that the problem is That there are too many of a certain kind of folks are voting in large numbers

we really need to nip this in the butt!
    I initially thought about debating with you but I have a headache after having read your post again. Is this a troll account?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

i assure you i am not a troll or goblin or whatever other Fairy tale thing you have

I am Happy to debate on any topic at Any time hah hah hah hah

Default An Important Warning From Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    I initially thought about debating with you but I have a headache after having read your post again. Is this a troll account?
    Real or fake he is a moron. Debating this asshole would be a historic waste of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 12-13-2017 at 05:39 PM.

out of control bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Isn’t Jones’ term only one year since the seat was to be up for the 2018 midterms? Either way, the precedent has been set for every Republican up for election to be accused and tried in the court of public opinion. Politics is a shady business but has taken an even darker turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yes the precedent has been set. But just like all the tricks the Dems and Repubes use, they are short sighted in their creation and fail to see these tactics can and will be used on them down the road. They "victim shamed" when it was Bill but now it's an infallible accusation that makes the accused guilty until proven innocent. Just like PTSD and chronic fatigue. You can't prove they don't have it any more than you can prove they do and you can't prove these accusations false any more than you can prove they aren't. So the check goes to the sympathy player. Where it will get interesting is when the same tactics are turned the other way.

You get a rock, I get a rock.
    You get a stick, I'll get a stick too.
    Then it goes to bows, guns, missiles, nukes, done.

Same for politics. They'll keep escalating the game until you'll be branded a pervert for being breastfed or for forcing breastfeeding on your kids without their consent.

My man
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Santa Claus gets little girls to sit on his lap and he asks them if they been naughty. What a pervert. We should burn him at the stake. Fuck it Christmas is canceled.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."