Thread: Son's first hunt

Default Son's first hunt

So a few fridays ago, my little one said he wanted to go deer hunting. He's been with me a few times to check trail cams but never really wanted to go hunting. The fam and I went to academy that night to buy him some new camo and a hat. (He was adamant about it and I really wanted him to go hunting so I went with it.). We bought him a new coat, a hat, some hot hands and yes, he had to have his own grunt call. 5:30 am came the next morning and the wifey said, you know he's not gonna get up. I went in his room and said, "C, are you going?" He cracked one eye open, still half asleep, and said, "I need my grunt call and my hot hands daddy." I couldn't help but chuckle. I said, "I got them in the truck".
    I get him loaded up in the truck and the 15 minute ride was too much for him. He was knocked out before we got to the property.
    It was 27 degrees when we turned into the gate. I thought to myself, there's no way he's gonna remotely enjoy this adventure with it this cold. Luckily for us, there's an old barn on the edge of a field on the property with a door big enough to pull my truck into.
    So here we are, in the truck, in the barn looking out into a big field. I finally get him woken up right as it was breaking daylight and honest to goodness there stood a nanny deer. Evidently she was bedded down in the broom straw. I said, "look C, there's a deer. You see it?" He said, "yea daddy, I see it. Blast it!" So, I blasted it. She fell stone dead. We got out of the truck and I let him "track" it. He walks plum up on her before he saw her and hollered. 15 minutes total from the time we cut the truck off til the time she was dead. Without a doubt, the most fun hunt I've ever been on. I just hope he got as much out of it as I did.

Last edited by Drakey; 12-14-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Good stuff!

It's been a while since you've posted
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Hey man, yea it's been a while. I started a new job a while back and it's kept me pretty busy. Figured I'd get on here and check out all the newbie duck trollers. Haha. How you been?

That is t-total-badassedness!
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Awesome!

right on
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Kids are good luck. The other good thing is they want you to shoot anything so it's a win win haha

Good stuff !!
    Genesis 9;2

Good stuff!

Awesome stuff

He'll be hooked now.

That's awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson