View Poll Results: Statewide shell limit should be 25 or 50?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 25 shell limit

92 83.64%
  • 50 shell limit

18 16.36%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 shell limit?

Default 25 shell limit?

a good many folks seem to be in favor of a 25 shell limit statewide, how y'all feel about that? having skybusted my fair share, i think that actually might not be too terrible of an idea. prolly shouldn't need more than 25 shots to kill 6 ducks honestly...

12 shells should be plenty. That's only 50%. So I'd say half a box. And I'm willing to round up in case you need to use the extra shell for a spare boat plug or to throw at someone in your decoys.

If you need more then 25 shells, do us all a favor and stay home.

I hunt with people who can't shoot. I have shot two boxes killing a 3-4 man limit many times
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I’d like to hear a skybusters input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine being a poor shot. It's got to be so emasculating.

So, are the GW's going to be patting folks down looking for a correct number of shells? 2 rounds for deer, 30 for doves, 1 rod and reel for fishing? For folks that don't want any more government intrusion y'all sure are asking for it.

there is already a 50 shell limit, and maybe 1 out of 100 times has a gamewarden even asked me how many shells i've got on me. hell the only time they've ever looked in my blind bag was on a lottery hunt, should've seen his face when he saw my empty flask too haha

How would you enforce it? Shells sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I hunt with people who can't shoot. I have shot two boxes killing a 3-4 man limit many times
    This guy knows what he is talking about...

I am so glad I don’t duck hunt.

id rather pay 100-150 for a stamp than have a shell restriction.....get in peoples pockets and the crowd(pressure) will thin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

150 dollar stamp, with a minimum 1 year loss of all hunting and fishing privileges if caught in violation...
    Last edited by scswamprat; 12-12-2017 at 03:56 PM.

so it's just poor people skybusting, ah ok

I can't imagine someone needing more than 25. We got checked at Murphy Island a number of years ago, and a member of our group who is actually an excellent shot, had 47 shells in his bag. They allowed him to go ahead and hunt before charging him. He was fined $454.00 for this offense although it was later reduced to like $116.00. We gave him absolute hell and till this day, his nickname is 454. He tried telling us that his wife put shells in the bag for him. I told him that was worse than actually doing it himself. Who the hell lets their wife pack a hunting bag for you?
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    1 rod and reel for fishing?
    Fun Fact: In Idaho, this is the law. You can buy a permit for 1 more rod to fish at the same time.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    id rather pay 100-150 for a stamp than have a shell restriction.....get in peoples pockets and the crowd(pressure) will thin...
    Damn right but 500-1k
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Be plenty of shells hidden in the marsh with a shell restriction...... might pick up metal detecting as summer hobby.......
    Last edited by BRR; 12-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    so it's just poor people skybusting, ah ok
    ....being poor has nothing with it....but the people that go out and tree top wood ducks on the river, or sit on the dikes to try and catch a bird moving off the impoundments and end up with 1,2, or 0 ducks in a boat of 4 people may decide its not worth it if they have to put a little more skin in the game for those same results...These are the same people that set up on top of people, hail call at everything that flies, sky bust, rally duck etc. .....A higher price to shoot ducks with the money going toward conservation is a much better answer than the US government telling me how many shells i can legally carry in my boat.