View Poll Results: Stop waterfowl hunts at noon statewide?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 62.68%
  • No

53 37.32%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: stop at noon? lol

I found out this today.....from a army corps biologist.....they found fish eggs in the stomach of mature "grass" carp

But thats a whole new can of sardines
    Last edited by HEAD; 12-12-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Maybe stretch out til 1pm. Them slow ass mud rigs need time to get to the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    I found out this today.....from a army corps biologist.....they found fish eggs in the stomach of mature "grass" carp

But thats a whole new can of sardines
    Accidental, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Add a 25 shell limit too

this ^

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

I would support a shell limit to cause people to think about their shots and take more ethical shots and skybust less. Birds in other states have just as much hunting pressure after noon and their are still plenty of birds a d great hunting on public land. The difference? Food. Talk to any old timer from the lowcountry and they will tell you that the birds were here back in the day when there was food.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    The problem is gonna be even if everyone stops shooting at noon.....now let's ride around and "scout" for tomorrow
    i think you'd have to not have "duck hunting equipment in your possession" ...force people to go back to to the ramp and load up their guns...some will go home, some will leave just bc they don't won't their guns stolen out their vehicles...as much as it sucks i still think the cut off would help. As i said in another thread, If we could vote on a trial 3 year 1pm cutoff, then vote again after the third season to see whether we would want to keep it or not....
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

reintroduce hydrilla to sparkleberry swamp

close a few public dove fields and use that money to plant refuges with corn

Kill every single grass carp in the Santee cooper lake system
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

it's mostly rubberheads who only know how to kill ducks in 2 or 3 spots that want this noon cutoff. they're shooting residential birds & want legislation to make that easier because they don't know anything about killing wild birds.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    it's mostly rubberheads who only know how to kill ducks in 2 or 3 spots that want this noon cutoff. they're shooting residential birds & want legislation to make that easier because they don't know anything about killing wild birds.
    You are in the running for dumbest mother fucker alive
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    Go tell that to the people out west.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You are in the running for dumbest mother fucker alive
    i approve this message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

A noon cutoff or 25 shell limit will not fix the problem. Available food on public water will be the only fix. Now once you have more available food the noon cutoff and shell limit could help.
    Last edited by SCH2Ofowler; 12-13-2017 at 09:39 AM.

I love these threads. They shine the spotlight on just how motherfucking ignorant the average "sportsman" is in this state.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I love these threads. They shine the spotlight on just how motherfucking ignorant the average "sportsman" is in this state.......
    This. Just this.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This. Close thread.

More food , less pressure . Won't ever happen on Santee lakes because of grass carp and fisherman. There would have to be designated areas for new WMA on the lake to reduce pressure and the fisherman would never allow that. Comparing hunting divers to big ducks is just fucking stupid...

Is it still sky busting if you're able to bring them down? A 10 guage with some T shot can really increase your effective range.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Noon cut-off will not help the lakes or the coastal zones. Noon cut-off would help the cooper but thats it. Noon cut-offs are only useful in feeding areas. No food= doesn't matter what time you stop shooting because the ducks dont want to be there. 25 shell limit would be the most beneficial, only because it would put some restraint on the skybusters and blackbird killers. At the end of the day the true problem can be summarized into two problems for our state. Uneducated non-mentored hunters on the water and lack of food.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Add poor management, funding and budgeting of our management areas. The DNR guys with knowledge and understanding need their hands untied from legislation and other people's pet projects.
    Last edited by mudeagle; 12-13-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: .
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    Add poor management, funding and budgeting of our management areas. The DNR guys with knowledge and understanding need their hands untied from legislation and other people's pet projects.
    Did you lose my number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.