Thread: Autocad

Default Autocad

Does anyone have a recommendation for a class or tutorial to learn Autocad?

I don't have any specific classes/tutorials to recommend, but I know in the Columbia area, places like TPM offer 3 day basic AutoCad classes. Once you get the basics down, you can then navigate through all platforms and pretty much self teach yourself anything you want to know with the help of some online videos. There are probably some entry level videos on youtube, but I honestly don't know how good they are. I don't know where you are wanting to take this, but if it's something you are wanting to learn in depth, I would recommend some sort of class to start with. TPM may offer something in your area, I would maybe check with them. I'm sure there are others as well. I took some Inventor classes at TPM several years back and they were really helpful.

I seem to remember some people at Clemson taking it at Tri-County, so maybe check your local tech school. I don't know your experience with it, but by the end of that semester I largely attribute Autocad to my picking back up a few vices I had long since put down.

Autocad brings back memories of being in an engineering lab at 3am. Then I figured out that I could hard key the listed dimentions on a drawing. Much easier.

Definitely look at the local tech school in your area...most offer some form of a drafting class.

What are you looking to do? 2D...3D? floorplans, machine parts, etc?

Do you currently have a version of AutoCAD that you are using?

Call Trident Tech and ask. I know they offered cad classes when I went there but don't know if they offer some sort of non-student option.

OCTech in Orangeburg has autocad classes. Call them and see what they offer.

If you're not using it specifically to program machinery, and looking for 3d design, I recommend google sketchup. We use the free version all the time and it serves it's purpose for getting concepts to the fab shop.

YouTube

Most technical schools offer it, I know Tri-County and Midlands Tech offer it

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    OCTech in Orangeburg has autocad classes. Call them and see what they offer.
    what he said