Thread: Great info for parents regarding teen drivers

Default Great info for parents regarding teen drivers

Some of y'all know one of my businesses is a teen driving school here in Anderson . I am also on the SCDTSEA board of directors and we had a conference couple weeks ago in Blythewood .

I am also a guy that loves Corvettes so when they introduced our first speaker I was taken back. He is Andy Pilgrim, Andy was on Team Corvette racing for years and actually won 24 hours at Daytona in 2001 with a couple of guys named Earnhardt as his co drivers. Unfortunately a couple weeks after that win Sr died on that same track

Andy is a VERY successful computer IT guy, great story of how he ended up in USA, and started his own company to fund his racing habit . He is actually in the Corvette Museum Hall of Fame

Anyway Andy has dedicated a lot of his time to Teen driving safety and also likes to educate Parents as well on teen driving

THis is a link to his site, ALL OF THIS IS FREE. That is how serious he is about his message .

PLEASE take the time to watch these videos, especially if your kids are NOT of driving age. IF YOU as a parent have bad habits you are teaching them to your kids NOW regardless of age

I know i go on a lot on here about USuC but this is something I TRULY TAKE VERY SERIOUS and we need to do all we can do to lower traffic fatalities in not only SC but the entire USA

PLEASE TAKE TIME to watch these if you have kids

http://www.trafficsafetyeducationfoundation.org

Also ANYTIME anyone here has questions about teen driving do not hesitate to ask me.

Also please remember to ALWAYS BUCKLE UP EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN A VEHICLE and NEVER TEXT AND DRIVE (I know we are ALL guilty of this but KIDS SEE THIS). Traffic accidents are the NO 1 reason in Teen Deaths and alcohol and distracted driving are the 2 main issues .

Also PLEASE TAKE TIME to work with your teen drivers, SC requires they do 40 hours of driving we parents/adults and 10 of those at night . Please do not take this lightly. IT IS THEIR LIFE on the line
    Last edited by tprice; 12-12-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks- my oldest grandson is already driving on our club roads but still has a couple years until he can get a license- we will use this with him when he stays with us this summer.

My daughter will turn 19 in a few weeks and has been wreck free since she started driving at 15. My worst fear was her getting into a wreck. She works at a restaurant and leaves work fairly late on a regular basis.

I've always taught her to drive like everyone out there was trying to crash into her. She is a very safe driver thank goodness.

Good point about the kids learning from your habits. Mine are still little, but I need to think about what they are learning from watching me.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Good point about the kids learning from your habits. Mine are still little, but I need to think about what they are learning from watching me.

Honestly that was the point Andy was making, he said that those that are close to or already driving have picked up bad habits but we need to be more aware of younger kids since they are like a sponge and pick up every thing we do good and bad