Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mailbox Protection ideas?

Split a piece of 6" sch. 40 pipe use half for the top. 1/4 plate on everything else. 3" pipe post with two feet concreted in the ground. This will take care of the damage. Made one for myself, and several for relatives and friends.
    About a week after I put mine up found a warped aluminum baseball bat in the ditch behind the box. Just scratched the paint. I asked a lady at the local post office prior to building. She said you can make a box of whatever you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    i smashed ONE when i was probably 15-16. I did it ONCE. Felt like a complete asshole and worthless POS afterwards. Swore I would never purposely destroy someones property again.
    how'd that work out for ya?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Speaking of mailboxes, twice a week some dipshit drives by my house at 5am and throws a baby-ass newspaper into my driveway. Not an actual newspaper with news in it. A bullshit newspaper that isn’t big enough to start a chimney of charcoal.

Anyone else have to deal with this shit? How the hell is it legal for The State to litter the countryside with bullshit newspapers that nobody signed up for and nobody reads?
    As a subscriber to the local rag, The State, that weekly trash thrown in our yard was a repeat of ads in the paper. I called and asked them to stop littering up our yard or I could just stop the subscription. They stopped.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Mailboxes are yours. Dont have one and the mail may not get delivered. Destroying one is interference with PO purposes. A federal government purpose.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

PO Box at the local Post Office is the answer.

My multiple letter carriers all suck.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Had mine made of steel and welded. Tube goes into the ground about 4 feet. If you slammed your finger in that mail box it would cut your finger off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

When I was young, our mb got bashed all the time and my stepdad finally had enough. He went down to the local fab shop and had them make a 1/2" steel cover, in the shape of the box and then he put the flag on the outside. The cover was just big enough to get the box in there, so when you looked at it, it was real hard to tell it was different. He then made a nice post out of an 8x8, concreted it in and bolted the cover to it. It didn't take long and then, around 2am one morning, we heard it.......gooooooonnnnnnggggg.

I think it woke everyone in the house and we all smiled. I bet it hurt like hell and the word must of gotten out b/c no one ever tried it again.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Johnny I travel down your road every once in a while. If I am running late taking the kids to school or if we are late for church. That road may be worse than mine. Anyway, your culprit is probably that group of kids that hangs out there at Paxton's pond at the corner of Pond Branch Hwy. Then again, could be about any group of redneck youngan's in the area. It will probably happen again.

Mailbox assault story- we had a German immigrant that lived down the road from us growing up- he worked at the local VW dealership as a mechanic and had an after hours shop at his house, got parts by mail and had a giant mailbox- the Kraut used to throw stuff at us and call the sheriff on us all the time for riding our dirt bikes down the road- really pissed off a bunch of 12 and 13 year old kids.

One day we caught a HUGH bo coon in a box trap and an idea sprung to life- we were going to put the coon in his mailbox. It was a perfect set up- he got home at the same time every day, pulled his VW bug up to the mailbox and checked the mail from the drivers seat.

2 of us took the box trap on 1 dirt bike and 2 others brought big sticks, just a couple minutes before he usually got home we pulled up to his box- opened it-dumped in the coon and locked the door with a stick through the holes- then we beat the holy hell out of that box with the coon in it, took off into the woods across the street and waited on the show.

Ole sour Kraut pulled up about 2 minutes later and started cussin up a storm in german- he yanked the stick out of the door and opened up the door- that coon sprang out straight into his face and the war was on inside the VW.

We still talk about it today- that guy got his ass cut by the coon pretty bad and we were laughing like crazy the entire time- he knew it was us and called the law- even the deputy was laughing as he heard the story.

We stayed out of trouble due to no witnesses and the Kraut never called the law on us again- that was my only mail box assault.

I've done some wild things in my life all in the name of having a good time, but I don't have a mailbox story.

Gonna be hard to beat a pissed off coon in the mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    I had a friend that put some M-80's in mailboxes one-time...Or that's what I was told.................

THOSE WERE FUN

Did not know it was illegal back in the 70's LOL

Seriously good friend of mine lived in the country and got tired of kids tearing his mailbox up with baseball bat . He knew it was friends of his kids and kind of laughed it off but did get old after a while .

Had a buddy of his build him one out of 1/4" solid steel . Mailbox was probably 250 yards from his house and he said couple times he heard a bat hit the mailbox and had to laugh . All it did was scratch it a little bit, said the aluminum bats were funniest to hear.

Did not take long for them to leave it alone

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Gonna be hard to beat a pissed off coon in the mailbox.
    No doubt, that or a pair of squirrels.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Mailbox assault story- we had a German immigrant that lived down the road from us growing up- he worked at the local VW dealership as a mechanic and had an after hours shop at his house, got parts by mail and had a giant mailbox- the Kraut used to throw stuff at us and call the sheriff on us all the time for riding our dirt bikes down the road- really pissed off a bunch of 12 and 13 year old kids.

One day we caught a HUGH bo coon in a box trap and an idea sprung to life- we were going to put the coon in his mailbox. It was a perfect set up- he got home at the same time every day, pulled his VW bug up to the mailbox and checked the mail from the drivers seat.

2 of us took the box trap on 1 dirt bike and 2 others brought big sticks, just a couple minutes before he usually got home we pulled up to his box- opened it-dumped in the coon and locked the door with a stick through the holes- then we beat the holy hell out of that box with the coon in it, took off into the woods across the street and waited on the show.

Ole sour Kraut pulled up about 2 minutes later and started cussin up a storm in german- he yanked the stick out of the door and opened up the door- that coon sprang out straight into his face and the war was on inside the VW.

We still talk about it today- that guy got his ass cut by the coon pretty bad and we were laughing like crazy the entire time- he knew it was us and called the law- even the deputy was laughing as he heard the story.

We stayed out of trouble due to no witnesses and the Kraut never called the law on us again- that was my only mail box assault.

There are certain things I would not post. If I did this, I would not post it. If a friend did that I forgot his name, such as Media Guy. I would call The State paper. What is the time limits on such a prank? Call PETA.

Had a neighbor that sunk a railroad rail in the earth about 6 feet deep and welded a mailbox to it that he constructed out of 1/2 plate steel.
    He boxed the rail road rail in with treated lumber and dressed the mailbox up with wood accents and painted the whole thing white.
    He never had any damage on the nights we all got our mailboxes smashed by local trouble makers.
    One day a woman ran off the road and hit the mail box with her car. The rail road rail cut half way through the engine bay and the driver's head went through the windshield. It totaled the car and injured the driver- but he was never given any grief by the police or the insurance company for having a "heavy duty" mail box. It met US Postal requirements and was a legal mail receptacle. It was just bad luck for the woman driving the car. This was about 25 years ago.