Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning vs Evening Duck Hunts

Default Morning vs Evening Duck Hunts

I'm sure this is one of those questions, but whats your preference? I know that evening hunts are shorter window of opportunity. Beyond that, any pros, cons? With wood ducks, are you risking pushing them out of the area all together, if you are hunting close to their roost in the evenings?

Its easier to leave work early and sneak in for an evening hunt than to go in late, but don't want to screw up my spot.
    Last edited by everlast; 12-11-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I'm just saying that to me it's kinda hard to shoot most summerduck holes legally in the afternoon.

I genuinely wish they would ban waterfowl hunting past noon on public water
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Yep.....a 1 o'clock cut off would be good for SC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yall need to head to Strick's CWS page on FB and get in on that discussion right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm just saying that to me it's kinda hard to shoot most summerduck holes legally in the afternoon.
    The days that i have scouted afternoons, and hunted twice, multiple groups have flown consistently beginning about 15 mins prior to sunset. But it never fails that the largest group will fly thru 2 mins after legal shooting time just to taunt.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

private tract
    Last edited by everlast; 12-11-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    -Samuel Adams

Started flying about 4p yesterday. ~15 guns?, 37 wood ducks. Watched them come in until dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everlast, I've seen shooting the roost send them elsewhere. Not an absolute though.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Yall need to head to Strick's CWS page on FB and get in on that discussion right now..
    Lol. I think everyone should change their name on Facebook to their name on SCDUCKS. I can’t keep track of who’s who. And that has been an entertaining thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmartin View Post
    Lol. I think everyone should change their name on Facebook to their name on SCDUCKS. I can’t keep track of who’s who. And that has been an entertaining thread.
    I got sucked in...My wife kept asking me, What are you doing/typing on your phone???

whats the group name?
    -Samuel Adams

Carolina Wildlife Syndicates
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

thx
    -Samuel Adams

I glanced at it when it began.. I was thinking about throwing out shell limits. I stopped myself. Some of those people have rape faces.

I glanced at it when it began.. I was thinking about throwing out shell limits. I stopped myself. Some of those people have rape faces.
    Lololol

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I got sucked in...My wife kept asking me, What are you doing/typing on your phone???
    Both You and Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    in the salt marsh, some of the best hunting is midday early afternoon. so to make ANOTHER statute is one issue and the second is what time to end it. 12,1,3,4???? shooting ducks in the marsh at 3pm is a different animal than shooting a roost at sunset
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I knew it was a mistake when I started typing the first comment.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    in the salt marsh, some of the best hunting is midday early afternoon. so to make ANOTHER statute is one issue and the second is what time to end it. 12,1,3,4???? shooting ducks in the marsh at 3pm is a different animal than shooting a roost at sunset
    No shit Sherlock. Here is an idea maybe let the ducks feed, rest, and not get shot at sun up to sun down. Then public water might actually hold some birds for a decent period of time. But instead it's a state filled with greedy assholes who just gotta fill that strap no matter water. Next time you bitch about duck hunting in SC go find a mirror.
    Why do you think states out west cut off at noon or one? Why do private impoundments do the same? Ducks will never stick around if they get shot at sun up to sun down every time they try to eat. It's pretty simple. Your roost comment is cute. You don't know dick about ducks but feel qualified because "it's not a roost shoot bo"
    Last edited by Griffin; 12-11-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.