Thread: Food Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Default Food Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

I need a new one. Anyone have one they love? Would like to keep it under $150
    Last edited by jtmartin; 12-10-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Food Saver. I think there was a thread on here not long ago about them.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I picked up the foodsaver big game this year and it has been great. Walmart online has it for $130. I would spend the couple extra dollars and buy the food saver brand bags.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Food saver. And Walmart carried their bags also
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Personally i would rather pay a little now than have to buy another one in 2-3 years, if you're going vac i would go with a Weston.

We went with one of the more expensive food savers...Use it often. Have had it nearly 10 years and still going strong. Buy GOOD bags.

Bought a cheap one the first time and it lasted 3 years. Have five years on the food saver and it's going strong.

If you decide you’d like to spend more, look at the VacMaster VP215. It’s a chamber sealer, which works better and is more versatile than a vacuum sealer. I picked one up using reward point a little over a year ago and love it.

A buddy used it a few months ago to seal a bunch of fish he brought back from Louisiana. He ran it for 3 hours and never had a mishap. The bags are much cheaper than vacuum bags.

I had a cheap Foodsaver that lasted years until the seals dry rotted. They didn’t make the seals for that size anymore,I got a new Foodsaver recently, and it overheats quickly and is finicky to get it to vacuum. I’ll likely step it up to a nicer brand when this one dies completely.
    Last edited by WNM; 12-10-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Food saver machines have lost quality over the years. And I'm really disappointed that my latest one uses so much bag to make a seal. BUT, I've had it for your years or so and it still works, just overheats quickly as others have said.

Also, Ziploc makes rolls now that are cheaper than Foodsaver, and are heavier.

Foodsaver here. Had it for 5 years or so. It's one of the higher end models they make.

Get one with the containers. I use those more frequently than the bags. At least for marinating meat. You can use the bags for the same but it's easier to use the containers.

foodsaver V4825 from sams is what i have, 3 yrs now. not very happy w it, does the job but wouldnt recommend it.

wash and reuse your bags
    Last edited by cburns; 12-10-2017 at 08:03 PM.

http://www.foodsaver.com/deals/?j=17...yalty_20171210.

Only way to go. We had ours over 6 years and it is a gamesaver and had to replace the foam seal 1 time, 3-bucks
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

https://www.amazon.com/Equip-Ultrava.../dp/B00A4NREW0

Mine is from when Koch owned the company. But they are great machines. Mine is 13 years old and going strong.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I have a food saver game safer deluxe plus and it's a thumbs up from me

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Equip-Ultrava.../dp/B00A4NREW0

Mine is from when Koch owned the company. But they are great machines. Mine is 13 years old and going strong.
    I don't think he's looking for a $5,000 vacuum sealer.

I've had a foodsaver pro plus for around 6 - 7 years. It has served its purpose very well. Only issue is as stated in several other post, it will quit sealing if you don't give it a break. I've found that after sealing 8 - 10 bags in a row, let it sit with the lid open for a few minutes(it will do more than that before giving a problem, but that is what I have found works best for me). Other than that, don't use cheap bags.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

My hunting partner has the top of the line from Cabela's and has for 10 plus years, uses it everyday, the best on the market according to him. We have eaten meat that is 2 yrs old, perfect no freezer burn.