Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schiano update

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good innerweb lynching.
    That is what Schinao and the nation media is saying to UT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    That is what Schinao and the nation media is saying to UT.

Facts are that he has been implicated in the scandal by someone else in grand jury testimony. Such has been reported and is a matter of public record on numerous national media outlets. He told an ESPN reporter that "He didn't know about it" but would not give a sworn statement to the court. Now tell me where the wrong doing on Tennessee's part was at??? Because they decided to not execute or ratify a MOU after performing some due diligence? PFFFT.....go try and push around some Gamechickens as they are much easier prey.

Schianno is trying to get the dog shit off his shoes right now...he's not looking to go kick another pile.

Enjoy....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7392367cd23c

I'll tell you what...if you are that concerned about Schiano's future employment, I'm sure that the daycare where your children attend is always hiring and with your letter of recommendation he can be had for a song here shortly.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 12-12-2017 at 01:10 PM.

soooooo....UT is just really really stupid bc they didnt know this before they interviewed him, much less hired him?

Or is UT stupid for caving to the pressure of the fanbase and that really poorly behaved guy who yells and cusses a lot and has his own podcast?

Either way, (and I am not saying a word about sandusky and schiano), the university of tennessee looks really bad in this situation.....well, to 9/10s of the world, at least.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    soooooo....UT is just really really stupid bc they didnt know this before they interviewed him, much less hired him?

Or is UT stupid for caving to the pressure of the fanbase and that really poorly behaved guy who yells and cusses a lot and has his own podcast?

Either way, (and I am not saying a word about sandusky and schiano), the university of tennessee looks really bad in this situation.....well, to 9/10s of the world, at least.
    You worry about flouride and “I floss” stickers.

Tennessee is fine regardless of what MSESPN says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many people are implicated of things they did not do. The UT fanbase has no idea what he knew. They trashed a person of something horrific without knowing the truth. That is the bottom end of the scale. If Schiano is innocent hopefully the Knoxvegas karma will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    You worry about flouride and “I floss” stickers.

Tennessee is fine regardless of what MSESPN says

i aint worried about of that...

and I dont watch tv much.

BUT, this really was poorly handled on UTs end. That simple.

There is a reason that in this giant coaching carousel that has taken place no big time program has gone after him besides Curry and Haslam. He is a shitty coach with a questionable background.

i aint worried about of that...

and I dont watch tv much.

BUT, this really was poorly handled on UTs end. That simple.
    Revolutions are usually not pretty.

I'ma need you to stay with the rest of the class....this was not a university sanctioned hire....this entire scenario was a result of an egotistical booster, Jimmy Haslam(who happens to own the Cleveland Browns and all the suck that they entail) back-dooring a coaching hire. He already tried to hire Schiano to the Browns coaching staff and was met with considerable resistance there as well. There is no rush to hire a guy like Schiano since he is not head coach material. He was basically guy number two after the obligatory offer to Gruden(note that NO search firm was enlisted to find a coach even though they had a 4 week head start on any other team)...The ensuing civil war was about splitting Jimmy Haslam from the athletic department and removing him from any type of power he might would have had in the coaching process. Currie was simply Jimmy's puppet and was handpicked by Haslam to be the new AD because of such. The reason the the MOU was not signed by Davenport was because it was not university sanctioned. Think back to "Coming to America"......old jerri-curl announced that he and the daughter were getting married when he hadnt yet asked her....same situation. Haslam and Currie were going to announce that Schianno was the new head coach and work out the particulars later but the court of public opinion had other ideas.

No different than Rich Rod getting run out of Tuscaloosa several years back...just a different day and age with the media.

I, for one, could not care less about "winning in the media" at the expense of "losing on the field"...

Has Schiano said anything during all of this? I know the national media and scducks lawyers keep saying they will have to pay him. But I haven't seen anything from him or his lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Many people are implicated of things they did not do. The UT fanbase has no idea what he knew. They trashed a person of something horrific without knowing the truth. That is the bottom end of the scale. If Schiano is innocent hopefully the Knoxvegas karma will continue.

No....

Again you are either uninformed, uneducated, or some combination thereof. UT didn't "dig up" anything against Schianno...it is all right there in plain sight. His beef needs to be with McQueery...he's the one who put it on public record as an eyewitness

account. To which, all Schiano did was basically go onto ESPN(not Washington Post or NY Times mind you) and say "NUH-UH"

But please, spin it any way you see fit...

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    There is a reason that in this giant coaching carousel that has taken place no big time program has gone after him besides Curry and Haslam. He is a shitty coach with a questionable background.

ummmmm
    newsflash

UT went after him.

ummmmm
    newsflash

UT went after him.
    Fishsticker has laid it out for you window lickers. Read his posts, or don't. I could give a darn.

I'ma need you to stay with the rest of the class....this was not a university sanctioned hire....this entire scenario was a result of an egotistical booster, Jimmy Haslam(who happens to own the Cleveland Browns and all the suck that they entail) back-dooring a coaching hire. He already tried to hire Schiano to the Browns coaching staff and was met with considerable resistance there as well. There is no rush to hire a guy like Schiano since he is not head coach material. He was basically guy number two after the obligatory offer to Gruden(note that NO search firm was enlisted to find a coach even though they had a 4 week head start on any other team)...The ensuing civil war was about splitting Jimmy Haslam from the athletic department and removing him from any type of power he might would have had in the coaching process. Currie was simply Jimmy's puppet and was handpicked by Haslam to be the new AD because of such. The reason the the MOU was not signed by Davenport was because it was not university sanctioned. Think back to "Coming to America"......old jerri-curl announced that he and the daughter were getting married when he hadnt yet asked her....same situation. Haslam and Currie were going to announce that Schianno was the new head coach and work out the particulars later but the court of public opinion had other ideas.

No different than Rich Rod getting run out of Tuscaloosa several years back...just a different day and age with the media.

I, for one, could not care less about "winning in the media" at the expense of "losing on the field"...
    again, you can spin it any way you want....but TO ME (uninformed and doesnt watch ESPN and has NEVER heard a podcast and I also turn off any TV with that loudmouthed guy yall love so much).....THIS LOOKED BAD FOR UT TO MOST OF THE REST OF THE WORLD>

again, you can spin it any way you want....but TO ME (uninformed and doesnt watch ESPN and has NEVER heard a podcast and I also turn off any TV with that loudmouthed guy yall love so much).....THIS LOOKED BAD FOR UT TO MOST OF THE REST OF THE WORLD>
    Your caps lock is on.

I'll make it much easier and you and led....since you obviously care by how much you have to type to explain yourself.

EVERYTHING you just typed makes your school look silly.

Got it?

In defense of the sensible Vols the gross institutional incompetence at the University had to be frustrating. To see a good ole boy hire by a billionaire family should cause them to be upset. Nobody would hire Schiano as a HC based on his resume. Using something like the Sandusky scandal where he may have knew nothing was wrong. If he did know karma bit him.

I'll make it much easier and you and led....since you obviously care by how much you have to type to explain yourself.

Got it?
    You are boring me.

Got it?
    I'll dumb it down for you and give you the meat and potatoes from what you quoted from me earlier...

I, for one, could not care less about "winning in the media"(or the court of SCDemocrats) at the expense of "losing on the field"...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No....

Again you are either uninformed, uneducated, or some combination thereof. UT didn't "dig up" anything against Schianno...it is all right there in plain sight. His beef needs to be with McQueery...he's the one who put it on public record as an eyewitness

account. To which, all Schiano did was basically go onto ESPN(not Washington Post or NY Times mind you) and say "NUH-UH"

But please, spin it any way you see fit...
    Nice dig, not really. But trash did this unless they know something everyone else don't. You can't agree with this. The media did not do this. The articles were balanced, this is an accusation of something hendeous and well outside the realm of sports.