Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apex Ammo?

Default Apex Ammo?

Somebody texted me some facepage shit about some Apex shells that blew up, or something. Anybody know any details. I'm not on facepage.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I heard something about it.... Be curious as what happened.

Saw that too. I'm not concerned. Granted I don't shoot Apex but I doubt there's anything to worry about. Some folks can break an anvil with a ripe banana.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

99% chance their was a blockage within a couple inches of the end of the shell.

I was there. We were testing the hot new hometown blend "tss" load. These things are incredible and I don't wanna really go into it but just wanna say it coulda been worse had there not been safety precautions put in place and don't really wanna go into it but let me just say this couldn't have happened to a nicer barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    99% chance their was a blockage within a couple inches of the end of the shell.
    This is what I was thinking. I read the thread right after it was posted but haven't looked at it again to see if there was any further explanation. Dude did say Apex was gonna replace his gun

Dude on here was shooting his 20 gauge, sure he will tell about it at some point....patterned the 3inch 12 gauge #9s yesterday and was impressed.

I saw the pictures and still not 100% sure of how or why it blew up....but a couple of the guys on there said that was the second or third Alex shell they had herd of doing that.....

On another topic somebody bought a box of federal RED and they were mixed with lead pellets....."they would flatten after hitting the target and could be mashed with plyers"
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

What is Federal RED??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

The federal 3rd degree load is a mixture of TSS and lead. Not sure what RED is.....
    \"Go to Know\"

FB_IMG_1519664279489.jpg

Claims they didn't penetrate wood

In my original post I ment Federal TSS......my phone auto corrected to RED
    Last edited by HEAD; 02-26-2018 at 12:29 PM.

i patterned the "Federal Red" in my SBE2 and they hit the target noticeably harder than LBs. Pattern was OK with Rhino 660 but not great. Plan to go again with the factory full choke (see below)

i then patterned the M2 20ga 9s. Rhino choke was disappointing so switched to factory full choke and was impressed. Nice even pattern with 180+ in the 10" ring. I'm sure there is a choke out there to do better but i thought that was great for a factory full choke.

Can't speak to penetration as i didn't look closely at it. The pattern out of a factory full choke leads me to believe its not lead...
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 02-26-2018 at 12:17 PM.

There sure are a lot of dummies out there that shoot this TSS. People claim they shoot it for the pattern but they all know that they shoot it for the distance it gives, and for that reason, they may as well shoot a rifle. Some turkey hunters think they're "the best". Why does "the best" shoot TSS?? At 30-40 yards, a #6 will kill him all day long. Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    There sure are a lot of dummies out there that shoot this TSS. People claim they shoot it for the pattern but they all know that they shoot it for the distance it gives, and for that reason, they may as well shoot a rifle. Some turkey hunters think they're "the best". Why does "the best" shoot TSS?? At 30-40 yards, a #6 will kill him all day long. Pathetic!
    I shoot it because it’s the best shit available, and don’t rightly give a fuck what you think. Have a nice day painting with that broad brush of yours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Because I can get pass throughs at 40 with 8s....
    IMG_2655.jpg

....because i can tote a super lightweight 20 gauge with a modified or factory full with TSS 9's and have a superior setup to any 12 gauge turkey choked load of 6's that ive ever shot.
    \"Go to Know\"

You could have said that for a .410 with TSS 9s really.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    You could have said that for a .410 with TSS 9s really.
    Agreed .410 with 9.5's is greater than 12ga with lead 6's. TSS makes the .410 a lightweight turkey smasher.

Love that picture Head
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I shoot it because it’s the best shit available, and don’t rightly give a fuck what you think. Have a nice day painting with that broad brush of yours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PREACH IT!

Fuck this mother fucking asshole and his opinion
    You've got one life. Blaze on!