Thread: New rig

Default New rig

Got the glass on, now on to a new trigger and maybe a full length rail. For those who have a full length rail do ya'll like it over a standard length? Pros and cons
    20171209_173923.jpg
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Nice! Caliber?

Nice rig!

What's the reason you think you'd want a full length rail?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Real nice! Apparently I need to start painting boats.....
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Your rear mount is backwards
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Apparently I need to start painting boats.....
    Don't do it. All those paint fumes will make ya crazy. Tell him stump.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Shhh....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Nice! Caliber?
    300blk
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    yeah I know , didn't have a lot of room for movement for the scope if I turned it around,, don't think it will affect accuracy.
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    yeah I know , didn't have a lot of room for movement for the scope if I turned it around,, don't think it will affect accuracy.
    It won't. I had to do the same thing on mine. No problem.

Personal opinion only, but look at BCM rails. Most of my rigs run them.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

probably going with a aero precision , being it is going to be a hunting rifle and I want something that isn't going to get hung on shooting rails.
    Rubberhead

Serious question: How do you get your hand to the handle with the scope that far back?

I've tried this set-up a couple of times and always have to move the scope forward as my hands are too big/ there's not enough room. I did the buy the oversized handle for my .308 and 300 BO but it's still cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by jay12clay View Post
    Serious question: How do you get your hand to the handle with the scope that far back?

I've tried this set-up a couple of times and always have to move the scope forward as my hands are too big/ there's not enough room. I did the buy the oversized handle for my .308 and 300 BO but it's still cumbersome.
    I've gone to running side charge uppers when I run scopes on ARs
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Yep, I normally run mine with the ocular at the rear of the receiver......give or take a little.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to say anything as I don't know how it fits him.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Side charge would be nice but it's a hunting rifle and I'm not going to be putting 100s of rds down range so it's not a big deal
    Rubberhead

If just hunting and you don't want picatinny rails just go with a shorty smooth. Nice rig buddy.
    Genesis 9;2

I like the way you finished out the gun......especially that glass....wow. Top notch !!!!