Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N. Chas cop Slager gets 20 years from Feds

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    This one didn't get a federal trial. Go to about 12 minute mark:
    Wow. Im sure it makes one nervous as hell to have a gun pointed at you with an unstable guy behind it but the dude did reach behind him after multiple warnings. I saw nothing to warrant killing the guy though. I feel like the cop was making up a defense the whole time before he shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    I don't know Slager from Adam and don't presently know a single police. I do know that they have been dealt a raw deal by the SJWs and the media that drives them.

How many of you have ever been shot by a cop after trading punches with one?

Btw, North Charleston isn't Charleston. Hell, I don't even think it's even in Charleston county.

In case nobody remembers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=GZSb00oSzuY
    The issue I have with that video, is it shows none of what happened up to that point. One of the first videos I saw showed the fight that occurred before the shooting. It showed Scott fighting with Slager. The media and others have edited the video to cut out the part where Scott grabbed Slager's taser. I am not saying that that was justification to shoot Scott, but it also gives us no idea of what transpired that lead Slager to think he was justified to use deadly force. Even what I saw in the early days of this, the only time that I feel shooting could have been justified is IF Slager had shot him while Scott had the taser in his hand and pointing it at him. I will also add this, if my memory serves me correctly, the time from Scott dropping the taser to Slager shooting him was less than 5 seconds. How many of us can go from a "fight for our life" to making a rational decision in less than 5 seconds?

Did Walter Scott deserve to die? In my opinion, no. He deserved a good crack over the head with a billystick, but he chose to run and then fight with a police officer. I don't care how right your are, that is just out right stupid, and he paid the ultimate price for his stupidity. In my opinion, and from what I saw in the beginning of this, Slager is guilty of manslaughter.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Who when and where was Daniel shaver?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    This one didn't get a federal trial. Go to about 12 minute mark:

While this whole scenario was barbaric and weird compared to other arrests I have viewed, the guy did reach around to his back while he was crawling toward the cop.

Not sure why the cop just didnt go to him when he was face down on the ground and cuff him there......unless maybe he was making him do all this extra stuff hoping he would make a mistake.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Scott was stupid, Slager was stupid.

Scott was unarmed and running away when Slager killed him. What happened prior to that is of no consequence.

Shooting a man in the back while he's attempting to flee is murder or at least manslaughter in my book. Cops don't get a pass just because they are cops, were in a tussle, and emotions were high.

That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    While this whole scenario was barbaric and weird compared to other arrests I have viewed, the guy did reach around to his back while he was crawling toward the cop.

Not sure why the cop just didnt go to him when he was face down on the ground and cuff him there......unless maybe he was making him do all this extra stuff hoping he would make a mistake.
    Copper totally set the guy up to fail intentional or not....All the drama didn't have to be there which IMO led to him failing to follow instructions by being so scared for his life!
    Anyone know what the "situation" was about?
    Drug deal....?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Accountants that steal are still thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Copper totally set the guy up to fail intentional or not....All the drama didn't have to be there which IMO led to him failing to follow instructions by being so scared for his life!
    Drug deal....?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Daniel_Shaver

Cop was acquitted of all charges yesterday. Widow has sued the police dept.

Drug deal....?
    He was pulled over for a busted tail light. He took off running because he had an outstanding warrant for unpaid child support.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Scott was stupid, Slager was stupid.

Scott was unarmed and running away when Slager killed him. What happened prior to that is of no consequence.

Shooting a man in the back while he's attempting to flee is murder or at least manslaughter in my book. Cops don't get a pass just because they are cops, were in a tussle, and emotions were high.

That's how I see it.
    I agree that both were stupid, but what is in bold is where we disagree. It is called cause and effect. Scott fought with a police officer, and took one of the officers weapons from him. A few seconds later, he was dead. Not 30 minutes, and hour, or a day later, but a few seconds. We can all side seat drive all we want to, but facts are facts. As I stated, I never felt the shooting was justifiable from the little bit of video that I saw, but we have no idea what was going through Slager's mind when this occurred. Remember, he had just been fighting with Scott, and Scott had taken one of his weapons from him. The shooting occurred less than 5 seconds later.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    He was pulled over for a busted tail light. He took off running because he had an outstanding warrant for unpaid child support.
    I was referring to Shaver not the NC incident...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Drug deal....?
    They’d already begun drinking when one of the guests asked about an unmarked case in the corner. Was it musical instrument? No, a pellet gun. He used it at work. His job was to go hunt down birds that had flown into businesses including Walmart. Soon he was standing by his room’s window showing off his pellet gun to the man. Down below, two motel guests in the La Quinta Inn and Suites hot tub looked up and saw a man with a gun near a fifth-floor window. Someone called 911.

By the time six police officers gathered in the fifth-floor hallway, Daniel Shaver was intoxicated. The other man had already left and gone back to his own room. The woman was still there. When they were ordered out of the room by cops, Shaver appeared confused.
    Also the cop had "You're Fucked" etched on his rifle's dust cover.

Reading these threads makes me hope to god I never have to be judged by a jury.

What happened leading up to the shooting is indeed part of the equation.

If I randomly shoot a person for no reason at all that's murder. Very cut and dry.
    If I encounter a stranger on my front lawn. I ask him what he is doing and he attacks me, then he gets up and starts to run but I shoot his ass...it may still be murder. But I guarantee that anyone in that situation would be pointing out the significant detail of being attacked and only having a split second to shoot the guy without counting how many steps away he was. You may be right...you may be wrong. But there is a huge difference in scenario 1 vs scenario 2.

Yesterday in Beaufort county, some asshole that had numerous felony charges and another DUI was sentenced for a DUI crash that killed a young man earlier this year. The shitbag also left the scene of the accident after he hit the kid. He was given 18 years.

20 years for what transpired is ridiculous, and sends the wrong message to one side.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 12-08-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Damn. That one will haunt me for a little while. I think in the situation with an overzealous cop, laying still, face down, with arms outstretched may be the best bet. Don't comply with anything; play deaf or dead. No movement, no excuse for them to pull the trigger. And while Shaver did reach behind his back, he should never have been made to do circus tricks to get to the cops. That guy was looking for an excuse. I hope Shaver has family or friends with big balls and nothing to lose.
    Last edited by everlast; 12-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

That cop couldn't wait to kill someone. Sick bastard...

I never saw the "Shaver" shooting by the wacky cop until today. Looks like the girl left her purse laying in the hallway. It's hard to see because robocop has so much shit hanging off of his rifle but it it looks like the dead man intentionally/inadvertently shoves his hand in the purse while playing Simon Says crawl.

And that Daniel Shaver video is a prime example of a badge happy d bag that does need to go to prison. Those people were never a threat other than someone said he had a gun in his room? That's terrible.

That cop looked at Shaver the same way I look at a blackduck sitting on the water...

Drug deal....?
    Yea I think the cops intention was confusion. He was acquitted tho, and I bet money it was all because of his arm going behind him, not that it makes it right
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Cop was totally erect & ready to blow. No Dat!