Thread: iPhone battery

Default iPhone battery

Best battery for iPhone? Do it myself or take it to store?

Before I upgraded phones I had the batter replaced in my 6+ at the place in downtown Florence, it cost around $60. It's hard to justify doing it yourself when it's that cheap.

Don’t want to hijack but Where in Florence? Got to do the same thing. Replaced one in a 4s before and it went fine but really wasn’t worried about messing that one up. Not sure I want to take chance again with cost of new phones. I had thought about batteries plus in Florence but interested in other options.

Smart Phone Repair

The oem replacement batteries I’ve seen online run around $30 and come with the tools to change it.

Update --

I bought a battery off Amazon for $25. Using the repair kit that comes with the battery it took me about ten minutes and that's because the adhesive strips under the battery were melted. If it wasn't for that I could have easily been finished in five minutes. The battery has a two year warranty. If you can field strip a Glock, you can do it.

I changed the screen on a I4 I had and that's the tiniest damn screws I've ever seen. Don't even see how they can make the slot of the Phillips head or whatever other pattern the other ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I changed the screen on a I4 I had and that's the tiniest damn screws I've ever seen. Don't even see how they can make the slot of the Phillips head or whatever other pattern the other ones are.
    Yup. Whenever I took it apart I was saying to myself "don't drop these screws" then I realized that the "tool Kit" came with new screws.

it seems for the iPhone there are cases with built-in batteries. Although I think you need to look for whether there is for your model since I doubt that on the latest model X there is such a cover