Aight fellas....I'll try to explain myself as best as I can here. Long story short, my dad is in the process of finalizing the legal documents for an LLC for his "business" in rental residential properties. He has been purchasing homes, fixing them up, and renting them out and I have just been helping him with the construction part. I am trying to convince him to pursue more of the "buy cash at auction/foreclosure ect, flip, and sell quick" method. The issue we have, is we are having to do all the work "under the radar" in some circumstances, because some counties require a construction permit for renovations. No big deal doing this, but it makes things a little difficult sometimes.

I have been thinking about getting some type of contractors license, basically for what my future may hold years from now. How exactly is this process started and what is needed to be expected? I know there are basically "general contractors" & then "sub contractors." So I'm not sure which one I may need to pursue. Can you obtain construction permits, loans, ect...with just a certain sub contractor license, or do you have to have a general license?

As always, all advice and information is appreciated. Thanks Fellas.