Thread: SilencerCo Harvester

Default SilencerCo Harvester

Anybody own one or have experience? Looking for feedback.

I've had my eyes on the Omega for a year or so. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Talked to a buddy the other day that highly recommended the Harvester for what I want to do with it. Don't want to jump on the first deal I see and wish I'd spent a little more money for a "superior" can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

Great can. I had narrowed my choice to it and the Thunderbeast. i ended up with a 50% off certificate for the Thunderbeast, so thats what I went with. I see a lot of Harvesters and Omegas at PRS matches.

I run the omega. Can't go wrong with either one
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've got the Harvester, been a good can, light and quiet. It has never had any detrimental affects on accuracy and POI shift is minimal. I did have some type of baffle strike or failure from a SBR. Sent it back and they re-cored it like new, no questions asked. Got it back in about a week. So their CS is top notch.

If I had it to do over again, I probably would have gone with the Omega though. It can be configured a good bit shorter than the Harvester and is more versatile for just a couple hundred more bucks.

I recently bought a TBAC Ultra 7, expecting it to be as good as it gets.

I wouldn't wait too long to decide! The wait has gotten insane. I am approaching one year on two different form 4s.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I wouldn't wait too long to decide! The wait has gotten insane. I am approaching one year on two different form 4s.
    My guy told me he's averaging 4-5 months right now. He's had 1 guy that took just shy of 8...

I run the Thunder Beast Ultra-7 in 30 caliber. It, quite simply, has been awesome. I went with the 7 inch to reduce length a little at the cost of a small amount of sound reduction. And, at the suggestion of TBAC customer service, went with the model that mounts to their Compact Brake. They like that option when the can is being used on multiple rifles (as opposed to direct thread). It mounts up consistently every time.

I regularly use it on my 7mm Magnum and Savage 308. I am going to set up my non-tactical-AR builds in the future to run it. The ONLY change I may make is to get a second one in 6.5mm (same OAL) if I get a large number of 6.5 and under guns that would justify it (and can score a 50% discount like FLS did).

I regularly shoot the 7 Mag without hearing protection on outdoor informal ranges. No issues. About as loud to me as a 22 Mag or a pistol with HV 22 LR. What's interesting is that I can now hear the bullet impact (especially on deer) very clearly.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 12-07-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I run the Thunder Beast Ultra-7 in 30 caliber. It, quite simply, has been awesome. I went with the 7 inch to reduce length a little at the cost of a small amount of sound reduction. And, at the suggestion of TBAC customer service, went with the model that mounts to their Compact Brake. They like that option when the can is being used on multiple rifles (as opposed to direct thread). It mounts up consistently every time.

I regularly use it on my 7mm Magnum and Savage 308. I am going to set up my non-tactical-AR builds in the future to run it. The ONLY change I may make is to get a second one in 6.5mm (same OAL) if I get a large number of 6.5 and under guns that would justify it (and can score a 50% discount like FLS did).

I regularly shoot the 7 Mag without hearing protection on outdoor informal ranges. No issues. About as loud to me as a 22 Mag or a pistol with HV 22 LR. What's interesting is that I can now hear the bullet impact (especially on deer) very clearly.
    I've been eyeing the ultra7 along the way as well. I actually like the design of it much better then the SilencerCo stuff(don't like their brake on the front). I've never once heard anyone say a bad thing about the ultra either.

What's the going rate on the ultra7 direct thread? I've seen MAP a little over 1k but what's real world on it?

Also, for someone that has both or has used both side by side. I shoot mostly 6.5/.260 stuff. Is the noise reduction enough with the 6.5 can to sacrifice the flexibility of the .30 cal setup in the long run? I'll never say never on doing a 300 wm/wsm or possibly a 7 SAUM at some point in the next few years...

I bought a .30 cal so I can use it in both. Not enough loss to worry about.

Got both Omega and Harvester. If you plan on shooting a lot of 5.56 very fast I’d lean towards the Omega, if not it’s a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer88 View Post
    I've been eyeing the ultra7 along the way as well. I actually like the design of it much better then the SilencerCo stuff(don't like their brake on the front). I've never once heard anyone say a bad thing about the ultra either.

What's the going rate on the ultra7 direct thread? I've seen MAP a little over 1k but what's real world on it?
    I think MSRP is about what you will pay. I got mine direct from TBAC. Silencer Shop may run the occasional deal, or a group buy may show up.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I bought a .30 cal so I can use it in both. Not enough loss to worry about.
    That was my original plan, and I probably should stick to it instead of spending another grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Got both Omega and Harvester. If you plan on shooting a lot of 5.56 very fast I’d lean towards the Omega, if not it’s a toss up.
    I run a different type of can entirely on my AR's. SilencerCo Saker 7.62. Stainless/stellite vs the titanium used in the Thunder Beast. A couple of AR mag dumps would overhead about any titanium suppressor. The Saker is full auto rated. The DOWN side is weight. I'd love to get a Saker 556K, and still might. The full size Saker 762 is what is chose for the same reason I got the Ultra-7... multi-caliber use. I can run it on my S&W M&P-10 and all my AR's. The only AR I'm putting the TBAC on will be my 6.8, because I'm not going to be shooting it fast.

The Saker 762 is VERY nice, though, with the 5.56mm end cap. Very quiet on even my 12½ SBR.

(Quiet with suppressors is... relative)

With a 24" barrel and a heavy ass scope, even a light can turns some rifles into damn near crew served weapons (doe is about 95 lb)

Doe.jpg