Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Dike

Default Broken Dike

I had a buddy bring up a good point to me the other day and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the topic. If an impoundment had a broken dike and is now tidal and you can float a boat in it, can you hunt it? I know the owner would be mad as hell but they dont own the water..... or do they. However, since an impoundment is meant to be flooded and drained do they technically own whats inside of the dikes? I know for a fact that no one owns anything below the mean high water mark. Can you have decoys weights touch the bottom, or is that trespassing? Does it matter if the dike is owned by DNR (Cat. I or II WMA) or private party? Tell me what yall know!

You are going to get shot at.

Sure, just don't hunt on Wednesdays or Saturdays. That's probably when the property owner is shooting his pond.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    You are going to get shot at.
    I'm just looking for the legality issues behind the topic. But I always love that answer, I think sometimes they forget they're not the only ones with guns.....

My money would be on the impoundment owner's side. You start slipping in one of those big time impoundments at the coast, those boys got some deep pockets and I assure they keep the game warden's hand greased. Your ass will get thrown under the jail imo. But that's just my opinion. If you think you got balls big enough, go for it. I'll look forward to hearing your story after.

If its a DNR field, ain't no way I'd be going in there. Well, either way I wouldn't but go do it and let everyone know how it works out.

Does it matter if it's legal? When it is unethical as fuck why does it matter if it's legal?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

What Griff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

If it rains really hard and floods your duck lease, should any unscrupulous bastard be able to float in and hunt it?

Have you ever heard of the Golden Rule? It supersedes man made laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Does it matter if it's legal? When it is unethical as fuck why does it matter if it's legal?
    The kwacksmacker don't care. kwacksmacker do what he want. It's why he's the kwacksmacker.

Although tempting, how would you feel if someone floated into your pond? Do you know how much time and money goes into a properly managed impoundment? If you go in there and the tide drops out you are in big trouble. Trespassing for waterfowl is a federal offense!
    867-5309

This is the problem with public water duck hunting in sc, this thought process....you can say you wouldn't all you want, but you wouldn't be fishing for the answer you wanna hear if you hadn't already made up your mind. Griff said it as good as it could be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

DirtNeck gonna DirtNeck...

The only shocking part of this thread is that people even consider shit like this. Unbelievable. It's not your property, you contributed nothing but think there is some legal basis to help yourself.

Public people acting like public people

We would fight. Plain & simple.

its rediculous that so many dipshits pull up beside the dikes and “pass shoot” (skybust) the birds coming into and leaving out of the impoundments. to actually go inside would be epicly stupid.

as stated before, DNR is not on your side.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    The only shocking part of this thread is that people even consider shit like this. Unbelievable. It's not your property, you contributed nothing but think there is some legal basis to help yourself.

Seriously, you are shocked? This forum is nothing more than a cross section of society. All the good in society is found in here, and all the scum of society is found in here. No matter how noble, or intelligent, or well meaning, or selfish, or ridiculous, or malicious, or stupid, or unethical the things that are sometimes posted may seem to me, one thing that I never find myself is shocked.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 12-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    We would fight. Plain & simple.
    Be careful, you might get hit in the head with an egg weight....
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

The thing people can't grasp is if you pick your day right, you can have just as good of a hunt on the river, as you can in an impoUndment on all decoying Ducks.
    867-5309