Thread: auto body repair near charleston

Default auto body repair near charleston

Can anyone recommend a quality repair shop near Charleston? or recommend staying away from any others.

A portable basketball hoop fell across the front of my wife's Subaru while we were looking at houses, took out the hood and both fenders.

she said I need to get it fixed before I can do upgrades to my truck, so now it's a priority.

thanks

I know of a few in the area, but 2 that I have actually seen the work they do, are Miles Road Paint and Body and Norton and Richardson, both in Summerville.

Fender mender on clements ferry.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by wrackmaster View Post
    I know of a few in the area, but 2 that I have actually seen the work they do, are Miles Road Paint and Body and Norton and Richardson, both in Summerville.
    I had Miles do some work to my wife at the times accord and they were good. I live near norton. They always have a bunch of cars there if that counts for anything.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by wrackmaster View Post
    Both of these are good.

I have had work done at both of these over the years and been very pleased. David Manning is the head man at Mile's Rd, played softball with him for many years. He'll take great care of you and would be my suggestion for a smaller non insurance type of transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I had Miles do some work to my wife at the times accord and they were good. I live near norton. They always have a bunch of cars there if that counts for anything.
    Wife at the times? Accord??

Norton and Richardson is the best in Charleston area. Gonna pay for it though.

Norton and Richardson did the work on my truck when I got side swiped. Over all pretty good. You kind of have to slam the door on the side that got mashed but other than that, all is good. My mom took her car to JT's the last couple times her car was hit in a parking lot and they are much faster than they used to be. Appeared to look like its supposed to.

We used Coastal Collision on Savannah Highway for the wife 4runner. We had quite of bit of work done to it, including a frame replacement.

They did awesome work and all the bigger name car dealerships used them at the time. They were bought out by Caliber and not sure if the guy that owned it still runs that shop. But if he does, I would use them.

That Caliber collision seems to be everywhere in town now.

Had some friends use Nortons and never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Norton and Richardson is the best in Charleston area. Gonna pay for it though.
    Agreed....the only people I would use for structural/collision repairs. I would consider them to be expensive and not very expedient, for cosmetic issues.

pricing is not the concern, competent work is.

I've been around the industry for years and understand where shortcuts can and shouldn't be taken.

Norton's sounds good expect for the door issue mentioned by JWS, that's concerning.

From that comment alone, go to Norton's. They did almost 30k worth of repairs to my 4 month old F350 several years back. Looked and performed like new for 195k miles after the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    Wife at the times? Accord??
    Sounds better than "ex-wife who I still hang out with sometimes and do naughty things with"? Doesn't it? And yes there is a honda accord that she still owns. I'll give you a package deal on that and her blue Edge she never drives. We are as bad as you country folks about never getting rid of shit we don't use, we just live in neighborhoods.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm