Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G Loomis???

I'd feel the same way if I had one of the old GLX's. That was Loomis at the top of their game. However, trying to make a perfect cast on real fish in real conditions with that rocket launcher could be frustrating for most folks. I remember nothing but tailing loops on a windy day with that dang thing. If you edit the will anytime soon, you know where I'm at. LOL
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 11-30-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Default G Loomis???

A 2006ish 7’6” GLX or Greenwater mag lite and Shimano Stradic 3000 was the ultimate inshore rod for throwing popping corks and jigs.
    Last edited by britton40; 11-30-2017 at 09:44 PM.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I love the old imx and glx. Great rods. I had to send a new glx back this year when it broke on the first trip. They said they wouldn't pay for shipping and after a few minutes of raising sand they changed their tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Y'all must have money to throw away.

I fished Tuesday afternoon with a $45.00 Quantum.....and managed to catch 7.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-30-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Throwing popping corks with a GLX is throwing money away but to each his own.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Default G Loomis???

I’m no rod expert so excuse me if my lingo is incorrect, with the fast action tip ?, and mag light spine ?, I could throw a popping cork against the grass way more accurately because of the flex of the rod tip. it was a lot easier to me vs a medium or medium heavy rod. I bought the gloomis rods used from a local guide in Georgetown who was sponsored by Gloomis and replaced all of his rods every year. That’s the rod he used for popping corks as well. As you said, to each his own.
    Last edited by britton40; 12-01-2017 at 05:52 AM.

I 've seen B40 have to throw a greenstick at 3:00 to hit a fish at 11:00. But that 31" tailer was the best fish he's ever caught. Ask him.

We held our Dealer Sales Training at the Shimano headquarters in Ladson yesterday. A really nice venue with historic Shimano displays and a modern showroom. I was able to put my hands on a lot of impressive Shimano and GLoomis rods. They are nice but I do not see where they will do any better job than the Berkeley and Cabelas rods I currently use. I picked up one Shimano combo that I really liked, new Stradic Ci4 3000 reel on a Expride reel. But not $600 worth of like to catch trout. The put my hands on a Shimano Conquest rod. I felt my fingers start to burn. $650 for an 8-12 lb line, light action rod. That is way over the top. I believe in quality equipment, but that is a bit extreme. I challenge anyone to show me how that rod will catch more fish than the gear I use.

But, if anyone has a chance to check out the Shimano headquarters,, do it
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Just about any rod you put in your hands that has a price point over $100 is better than those Veritas rods you’ve been using. If you’re looking for an opinion, get a falcon low rider salt and thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk