Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow Mounted LED Spot/Flood Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    That's what I figured since I've seen others listed as 9-36VDC, etc.

I'll definitely wire them separately. I'd originally been looking for amber floods for fog lights, but can always add some if I need to.
    The amber light I rigged up is a little disappointing in the fog but better than the white simply because it's less intense. If you do it, get the amber spot lights - all a flood light does is reflect more of the fog.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The amber light I rigged up is a little disappointing in the fog but better than the white simply because it's less intense. If you do it, get the amber spot lights - all a flood light does is reflect more of the fog.
    Gotcha.

Something I just thought about...

Since this is a dual light, and the spots are on the bottom two rows, and when running on plane the spot lights need to be angled down a bit to keep from lighting the clouds and UFO's, how does that affect the flood/spot combo or the flood light only when off plane? Are both sets of lights angled the same or are you happy with the way the light works in both scenarios vs having separate floods and spots?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

WoodieSC
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I replaced a Go-Light with this and couldn't be happier...It's a combined 36W spot light and 36W flood. I mount it with RAM mount and wired it to a three-pronged trolling motor plug so I can take it off when not needed. Since switch spacing is a premium in a small boat, I wired one DPDT switch so that up is Nav lights only, down is Nav lights and flood beam. Up on a second DPDT switch is Anchor light, down is Anchor and spot. This gives me the versatility to run just about any light combination that makes sense. Both beams running draws about 4.5 amps with the motor running.

If it's clear I usually just run the flood beam but running both really lights the way. My boat runs 27 MPH with decoys and hunting gear - the light is bright enough to run wide open and still see stuff in time to slow down and get out of the way. When there's some ground fog the spot light only helps reduce some of the glare.

Since the whole thing is removable, I wired a second set of lights (24W white flood and 24W amber spot) on a small board - I use it in heavy fog because the amber spot reduces even more glare while still allowing some forward vision.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have 3 of these on the back of the Pioneer. Holding up great and BRIGHT!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    WoodieSC
    Where are you located?
    He's in the upstate.

WoodieSC
    Where are you located?
    In the Anderson/Greenville area.

Rubberhead, I'm thinking I'll try one of these and see how it works out with one light vs the two I've had for years. I can always change it since my raised front deck extension is made of marine plywood.

Thanks for all the info, guys.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-29-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    ~ George Washington

The flood beams are wide up and down as well as side-to-side. If you get the spot portion adjusted right the flood lights will be fine.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

In the Anderson/Greenville area.

Rubberhead, I'm thinking I'll try one of these and see how it works out with one light vs the two I've had for years. I can always change it since my raised front deck extension is made of marine plywood.

Thanks for all the info, guys.
    Sit tight until I can get out to my garage, I may have something to send you. Wont be pretty but a can of spray paint will make it look new. I have small LED Flood/Spot spreader lights that are bright as hell, throw an amazing long wide beam and pull all most no current. I let two run for 8 hrs with motor off and battery cranked motor right up. These are high priced lights used on million dollar boats. I think I have a few used ones in a box. If you want me to, I will test them on a battery and let you know if they are working? If so, just pay for shipping or arrange to get them to you. You wont be disappointed
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-29-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Sit tight until I can get out to my garage, I may have something to send you. Wont be pretty but a can of spray paint will make it look new. I have small LED Flood/Spot spreader lights that are bright as hell, throw an amazing long wide beam and pull all most no current. I let two run for 8 hrs with motor off and battery cranked motor right up. These are high priced lights used on million dollar boats. I think I have a few used ones in a box. If you want me to, I will test them on a battery and let you know if they are working? If so, just pay for shipping or arrange to get them to you. You wont be disappointed
    I’ll get them to him for you. If you have any extra I’ll take them. Give me a call.

G

That's fantastic! I appreciate the offer and would be more than happy to open up a can of spray paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    I’ll get them to him for you. If you have any extra I’ll take them. Give me a call.

G
    Thanks, G. Let me know when you'll be up this way. Lunch is on me.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-30-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    ~ George Washington

Hey, G. What year Bronco is it?

G

Welp, Looks like the sticker may be the best thing about the Seelite.

Got it out of the box yesterday and had to test it out. Light works fine but the bolt that attached the brace arm to the light housing would not fully tighten. My best guess is that the hole wasn't drilled deep enough for the bolt. After multiple calls and texts to reach out to see lite, their recommendation is for me to use some washers or they can send me a shorter bolt..

Doesn't exactly boost my confidence on their high standards.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

That's fantastic! I appreciate the offer and would be more than happy to open up a can of spray paint.

Thanks, G. Let me know when you'll be up this way. Lunch is on me.
    Will have an opportunity to go thru them in an hour or two. They were given to me so I don't mind paying it forward.

WoodieSC,
    Did you get a chance to test them?

Rick

WoodieSC,
    Did you get a chance to test them?

Rick
    Rick, I didn't get to test them on Friday night 'cause Jim had some guests coming over for supper and he needed to run as soon as we got out of the woods.

I did do a little testing yesterday to compare each of them just shining against the white siding of the garage, but a better test at dark at a nearby field is required to really tell. All three of them are different and appear to have a different color and throw pattern, but those differences may disappear in dark at a distance.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    ~ George Washington