Thread: Amazon Fire issues

Default Amazon Fire issues

Anybody out there running an Amazon Fire TV and having issues with the damn thing changing your TV's source input back to it when you are watching something else, like cable?

I have been using the Fire TV as a trial to see if I'm ready to drop Spectrum TV, and the thing just takes over, about every 20 minutes.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Are you hitting the remote? I haven't had that issue but my tv will switch to the input if I press the fire TV remote. But it's the tv doing it as it recognizes it as a new input when it fires up. Same with DVD or cable.

Some of those remotes will activate when they are moved and not just when buttons are pressed. May need to leave remote on solid surface.

Yeah, I got an aftermarket add on for the remote. That may be it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

No but mine has been locking up on me.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Daughter was watching Netflix on mine the other night and it did the same thing. I had to back out to Kodi screen.

I have AppleTV and a Firestick going into my Sony AV receiver. The Sony has pass-through so on or off, you can watch any source. The idea is if you turn on a device it should activate that HDMI and wake up that port. I also have a cable HDMI going through it. The only device that will not trigger is the cable HDMI. Generally it should take some input, I would try fresh batteries just to make sure the remote is functioning properly. BTW my wife prefers watching Netflix via Firestick and Sling via the AppleTV. Go figure. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero