Thread: 11-16 GM Duramax owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If your truck is still under warranty make sure to check with the stealerships to see if this will void any factory warranty you have left before adding the lift pump. When I deleted my truck I went ahead and did a CP3 conversion along with a FASS 150 lift pump and Opti-Lube XPD (winter time) or the Summer blend every time I fill up. I know converting to a CP3 was probably overkill but I did not want to take any chances of a $10-$12k bill finding its way to my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackAddict2013 View Post
    If your truck is still under warranty make sure to check with the stealerships to see if this will void any factory warranty you have left before adding the lift pump. When I deleted my truck I went ahead and did a CP3 conversion along with a FASS 150 lift pump and Opti-Lube XPD (winter time) or the Summer blend every time I fill up. I know converting to a CP3 was probably overkill but I did not want to take any chances of a $10-$12k bill finding its way to my wallet.
    Lift pump added does void GM warranty. The diaster kit on the Fords is CARB compliant and does not void warranty.

GM doesnt want you to help prevent the cause with a lift pump because they possibly lose the oppurtunity to make thousands....

Keep in mind GM states the CP4 failure isn't covered under powertrain 100k warranty anyway. So how does adding a lift pump void the powertrain? Hmmmm....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Lift pump added does void GM warranty. The diaster kit on the Fords is CARB compliant and does not void warranty.

GM doesnt want you to help prevent the cause with a lift pump because they possibly lose the oppurtunity to make thousands....

Keep in mind GM states the CP4 failure isn't covered under powertrain 100k warranty anyway. So how does adding a lift pump void the powertrain? Hmmmm....
    Guess it is just another way for them to screw you out of money. I got an extended warranty from a 3rd party that covers everything even after I deleted the truck.