Thread: Honda pioneer 500

Default Honda pioneer 500

Been looking at these to replace my old 300. Wanted to hear from those that may own one... what you like and dislike. Will be used for deer hunting and some trail riding. Thanks

I'd honestly step up to the 700.

We looked at makes and models and decided on the Pioneer 700 because it seemed to offer the beat bang for the buck.

Sometimes I wish I had the 1000 for the low gear and turf mode, but the 700 does OK. I've yet to attempt something where the 1k would have done a better job.

I'll add that if you're never going to have more than 1 passenger, and you're not a speed demon, then the 500 will probably do fine. The 700 tops out at 46, if I recall correctly. It tries (screams) those last few MPH.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The main reason for wanting the 500 is width for trails...and no not a speed deamon but just worried there will not be enough low end power

I hooked up to a 10" hardwood that was probably 30-35' long and drug it a good ways. Getting it going, you knew the engine was working, but once underway, it did fine. It can haul around a 12x7 trailer loaded with wood pretty damn good.

Not sure what the width difference is. I do know the 1k is a few inches wider than mine.

If you plan on adding bigger/aggressive tires, I'd suggest power steering if it is available. I often wish I had it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here's an EXCELLENT site that'll answer pretty much any question you could fathom. Also, you can read pros/cons/insight into ownership of the 500 (and others).

https://hondasxs.com/forums/