Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Tags and killing

Default Deer Tags and killing

Anyone else notice a record number of deer being killed this year? I'll tell you why, you give folks tags and that motivates them to use them, period, and that has been done. People would rather put that antlerless deer tag on a 45lb button buck than throw it in the trash.

#taggedout

I agree with that.

I haven't noticed a difference.

Sad thing i seen this year is deer thats been shot because they didnt want to tag it and whole deer still laying dead on ground ,found seveal dead so far ,

I have seen what ffr is referring too.

I have seen long time killas have to check themselves for fear they will run out before the season runs out thus they aren’t shooting stupid stuff this year. So the tags are working.

I have not seen what you are referring to wack.
    But every where is different
    And certain places are worse than others at trying to promote stupidity.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

About the same here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

(1) Shoot Deer , buck or doe
    (2) Clean Deer at the house
    (3) No tags used, cause dead deer don't talk.

Looking foward to the impending dove tag system. I like notching them and sticking them to things. Also this will
    Create more state jobs to inspect, patrol, control, and enforce hunters which is needed. Hell me and my boys have started tagging our turds before we flush. Keeps us honest and regular and let's waste treatment plant really know what we've been eating and when we eat it. Can't have research without data.

If you read the entertainment page you will find a how to manual for avoiding tagging deer as well as whom is participating.
    If I were a Dnr agent I’d just watch that page a record number of arrest could be made just based off the idiots posting pictures and how to beat the man post
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

It has motivated me to put more effort into hunting the "free" doe days. I will kill more this year than I did last year simply to use my tags. I'm still letting a lot of bucks walk but I may roll one or two....since I've got the tags.

We had an interesting situation this past weekend. A friend shot a doe that ran into the woods at dusk with no blood trail. He searched for 45 minutes with no luck. We decided to come back in the morning to look some more. The dilemma was that he only had a date-specific doe tag. How would we deal with a dead deer that was found a day after the tag was good for?

I called my processor and they had not run into that situation yet. They called back a little while later to tell me that game warden was there and they asked him. He said it would be OK, as long as the deer looked like it had been dead for a while. Still not sure what I'd do if I found one that was mortally injured but still breathing.

If I was a processor, I'm not sure I'd want a warden hanging out at my place of business. It's sort of like having cops hanging out in front of bars at night. It discourages customers, even law abiding ones because you never know when they can find something to ticket you for.

It has put a curse on me I cannot even kill a deer
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I have never been in a position where a game warden would make me the slightest bit uncomfortable or cause me to go to a different processor. They are not trying to screw you over. Just do the right thing. Some of y'all are apparently harboring some serious guilty consciences.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It has motivated me to put more effort into hunting the "free" doe days. I will kill more this year than I did last year simply to use my tags. I'm still letting a lot of bucks walk but I may roll one or two....since I've got the tags.

We had an interesting situation this past weekend. A friend shot a doe that ran into the woods at dusk with no blood trail. He searched for 45 minutes with no luck. We decided to come back in the morning to look some more. The dilemma was that he only had a date-specific doe tag. How would we deal with a dead deer that was found a day after the tag was good for?

I called my processor and they had not run into that situation yet. They called back a little while later to tell me that game warden was there and they asked him. He said it would be OK, as long as the deer looked like it had been dead for a while. Still not sure what I'd do if I found one that was mortally injured but still breathing.

If I was a processor, I'm not sure I'd want a warden hanging out at my place of business. It's sort of like having cops hanging out in front of bars at night. It discourages customers, even law abiding ones because you never know when they can find something to ticket you for.
    Great post, a lot of good points.

I haven't noticed much different in the amount of killing among people I know.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    (1) Shoot Deer , buck or doe
    (2) Clean Deer at the house
    (3) No tags used, cause dead deer don't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post

There is no difference between the date specific tags and the old doe days.

What did you do in the old days?

Answer should be the same.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Haven't noticed extra killing this year, but it has been a good year overall for most hunters I know. Strictly talking bucks, I don't know of any groups that are shooting does.

I've killed 3 bucks, and 3 does. Usually only kill 2. However, I've been asked by friends to get them one, is the only reason. I would agree with the motivation statement. One side being a challenge to complete tag out, the other side seeing a wasteful amount of unused tags. The working man will see it as waste, and therefore try to fulfill it rather than having a overage of unused because it is a waste of good earned money.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 11-27-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I have never been in a position where a game warden would make me the slightest bit uncomfortable or cause me to go to a different processor. They are not trying to screw you over. Just do the right thing. Some of y'all are apparently harboring some serious guilty consciences.
    I used to be that way too until I had a couple occasions that have made me seriously suspicious of wardens. I may push the speed limit but I have always tried to be extremely law abiding with game laws. That doesn't matter if you run into the wrong warden or a warden that thinks you're guilty before he even starts to investigate.