Thread: PSA... Winch Cable

Default PSA... Winch Cable

Hopefully you already know but....

Make sure you don’t spool out ALL of your winch line. And sure your “helpers” understand this as well.

It’s next to impossible to reattach a synthetic winch line while in the field.

That sucks
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

So there’s about 1’ of red paint about 3’ from the end of the line. Kinda warning sign right? Well after the fact he’s like “ I wondered what the red mark was for?”

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    So there’s about 1’ of red paint about 3’ from the end of the line. Kinda warning sign right? Well after the fact he’s like “ I wondered what the red mark was for?â€
    Good thing the cable came loose instead of breaking it , that painters tape had ample time to cure to maximum strength.

Tim’s a funny man...

I'm not a fan of synthetic rope.

Why? I love it

I prefer cable as well. I just don't like the stretch that the synthetic rope has. I also think it tends to spool into itself more. I could be wrong but that is my experience so far. It is safer on the hands.

It spools into itself every time I use it, but I just un-spool it when I get home and wind it back up.

Small trade off to not get maimed or killed when that cable snaps........not to mention the tensile strength of the synthetic ropes is insane.

dont get stuck next time and you wont have that problem
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans