Thread: Cabelas Optics Sale

Default Cabelas Optics Sale

Cabelas has a pretty good sale going on some optics right now. Especially the cabela line which I think is built by Meopta

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home/...3.uts?slotId=4

I have 2 instincts that I bought last year on sale. It is made by meopta like the old original zeiss conquest line. I have one of both and they are identical other than writing on them. Damn fine scope IMO
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Dammit! I need this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Any good?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL...12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Only the Instinct is made by Meopta. Their other brands could be by Burris, Simmons, Tasso or other manufacturers or even some off brands.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Only the Instinct is made by Meopta. Their other brands could be by Burris, Simmons, Tasso or other manufacturers or even some off brands.
    Any idea where the Instnct HD glass ranks in the Conquest, Elite 4500/6500, Swaro Z3, Leica ER5 play field?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...ref=prd2347383

I just picked up the Leica ER5 w/Ballistic Reticle and will do a side-by-side with my Swaro Habicht this evening, but need to find another higher power scope that won't break the bank for my .243. The specs on the scope above are right on for my needs, just don't know anything about the optics in low light.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I hunted with my Meopta until 1 hour after this evening. I don't know how much more you need.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Any idea where the Instnct HD glass ranks in the Conquest, Elite 4500/6500, Swaro Z3, Leica ER5 play field?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...ref=prd2347383

I just picked up the Leica ER5 w/Ballistic Reticle and will do a side-by-side with my Swaro Habicht this evening, but need to find another higher power scope that won't break the bank for my .243. The specs on the scope above are right on for my needs, just don't know anything about the optics in low light.
    Supposed to be virtually the same as the MeoStar R1 series from what I’ve read. Can’t say from experience as I’ve never picked one up. Cabelas and BP have others make those in house optics and rebrand them. The only one Cabelas claims to have affiliation with is the Meopta.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Supposed to be virtually the same as the MeoStar R1 series from what I’ve read. Can’t say from experience as I’ve never picked one up. Cabelas and BP have others make those in house optics and rebrand them. The only one Cabelas claims to have affiliation with is the Meopta.
    I know nothing about the Meopta scope line other that they supposedly make some good scopes, and some say they tend to be heavy, but the specs on those Instinct scopes don't seem heavy at all.

kquinn, I forgot my phone this evening so I can't say how late I could see after official sunset, but I know it's not an hour even with my Swarovski Habicht A. Some of it may have to do with the shaded ground level and the other may may be your younger eyes...?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

A buddy of mine at the club has a 3-15X56 R1 4K FFP. He sits as late as I do with my Trijicons, NF and S&B.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Any good?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL...12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you are not going to use it for hunting in low light, it would probably be fine. I bought the 6-18x50 with the 30 mm tube, and am sending it back because I was not overly impressed with it. My biggest issue is the cross hairs are to fine for my eyes at low light. I ordered a Leupold VX-R with the fire dot from eurooptic.com Monday, and it arrived today (with free standard shipping). It is already mounted, and christened.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

He sits as late as I do with my Trijicons, NF and S&B.
    Name dropper