Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday, Sunday November 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yesterday, Sunday November 19

Marked a completion of sorts in our family.

For the past 8 years or so, I have gone on a load of camping trips, best reckoning is over 40 easily but not 80, with my boys and numerous other excursions and such as they worked their way toward their Eagle Scout award. Our youngest got his yesterday. Our oldest a few years back. As I look back on all of this, I cant understand father's not making this trip through life with their son(s). Just as much as we owe an education to all our kids, we should bring our boys up through life as a true Boy Scout.

In our troop, 10 of Eastminster Presbyterian, the Christian life in Scouts is very present. And not meaning to be or sound demeaning, I truly believe participants in our troop as members of other faiths learned a lot based on the Christian experiences of Scouts with all the Troop 10 boys. One of the best things is that tyhey all learned to work together and get along.

Anyway, a major crusade for the Eagle ended and life now continues forward as Eagles for both of our boys.

Incidentally, Little P is at Clemson as a sophomore in KA. Dargen has applied to Clemson as of last week and has already been accepted to USC and Coastal. But is heart is in Clemson.

And one more tidbit, a great unc me if mine graduated from Clemson College and served the US as an engineer during WWI. Thertradfition continues.
    Last edited by rp; 11-20-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Way to go dad. Hope he gets in.

I haven't even looked at Scouts for my boy. What age do they start em?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

11 for Boy Scouts, not sure for Cub Scouts and Webelos. We were there with our son through his journey to Eagle, with campouts, hikes, summer camp, fund raisers, eagle projects, community projects, Philmont and all, but I fear Scouting won't be around for his son, should he have one. At least not the one I was in, much less the one he was in. Most parents just dropped them off like they do for sports or the mall, some of the others that did participate more treated it like a social event, much like travel ball. There to be seen, not really there for their kid. And don't even get into the new transwhateverishiptodaycrap some are trying to push in to scouting now.

Congratulations to you and your two boys RP. They will be better men for it.

Congrats to your son(s) on getting their Eagle! And good job Dad for being there on the journey. I’m an Eagle Scout and I’m so glad my dad made me stick it out after I tried to quit at one point. My son is a Wolf now (2nd grade) and my wife and I are both leaders in Cub Scouts. Scouting is a great program that truly grows young boys into better men who become productive members of society. Not to mention all the skills they learn along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willy, the ranks build on each other BUT I know of more than several boys who got a late start and made it through Eagle. Start the sooner the better. And you will miss some hunting trios. You can make those up later in life. An Eagle you can't. 18 is the cutoff there.

Also, try to choose the best supporting organization you can. At Eastminster, the father's as a group try hard to push all the boys through. It is a significant group effort.

In Dargans group, all 12 scouts attained their Eagle. It was a great trip.

One more thing, many of y'all have seen my boys grow up through the duck run events. And many friends here are well known by the boys.
    Last edited by rp; 11-21-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Willy, the ranks build on each other BUT I know of more than several boys who got a late start and made it through Eagle. Start the sooner the better. And you will miss some hunting trios. You can make those up later in life. An Eagle you can't. 18 is the cutoff there.
    He's 4 so I reckon he hasn't missed much so far. I'll start doing some snooping around to see how many troops are active here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-22-2017 at 01:24 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Congrats, RP. Well done.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Plus they’re letting girls in now so you don’t have to cook or clean up around camp anymore.

Congratulations to your sons. It is an accomplishment they can be proud of for their entire lives.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Congratulations to your son.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Congratulations RP - great job with your sons!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Way to raise Boys to be Men!! Congrats RP and to your sons.

Tell him I said congratulations from another Eagle Scout
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

You've done it right Patten.

Go Tigers! Congrats to your whole family.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Congratulations to your son. As an Eagle Scout myself I truly appreciate all that I learned going through Boy Scouts. I am saddened however by the direction and stance, or lack there of, that The Boys Scouts of America has taken lately on some issues. With how things are now and the directions I believe they are heading, I doubt if I had sons that I would push them to go into the Boy Scouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Congrats to your boys and to you, RP. Good stuff.

You know Charles Whitman was an Eagle Scout too.

Charles Whitman
    At age 11, Whitman joined the Boy Scouts, becoming an Eagle Scout at 12 years three months - reportedly the youngest of any Eagle Scout up to that time. Whitman also became an accomplished pianist at the age of 12. At around the same time, he undertook an extensive newspaper route.
    Just messing with ya, RP. That's a good deal. I admire any kid that achieves Eagle Scout.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That's awesome, my little cousin got his Eagle Scout over the summer.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Tell them congratulations from me Patton. We need to get up and go kill something
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

I mentored a kid who was working towards his Eagle as he hitting his teens and was faltering. I told him that it was more important than he realized. Even if he became the president of the USA, he would still put Eagle Scout prominently on his resume. I ultimately bribed him and he finished. Congratulations to you for all you did to advance your sons. Congratulations to them too.