Thread: Looking for a solid intact Chessy female

Default Looking for a solid intact Chessy female

I have breeding rights for and in lieu of my having first pick male and am looking for a healthy and intact female Chessy.

Sire offered for stud is named Bear ad is off of "Rudy of Nordais" who is one of only a few ever Dual Champion Chesapeakes.

Bear is AKC registered and DM tested and completely clear on both alleles. He is perfectly healthy though a bit older but there is no doubt of hi go get em and grind it out attitude. He is obviously good of eye, elbow and hip. I have never run him in a trail except real hunting trials where he has hunted for everything from deep swamp woodies to off shore Scoters and has gracefully picked up and delivered several thousand birds to hand in 8 different states.

Bear is also Eic and PRA free in expression. His current weight is 85 lbs but the season just started he will drop 5-7 by end of season.

I have hunted over Bear a lot (as the owner basically gives him to me during hunting season) and he is probably one of the smartest retrievers of any breed that I have ever known and yet with those smarts he still maintains the grit and no fear drive of which Chessies are known. Remarkably Bear does this without typical Chessy stubbornness.

He is also amazingly non aggressive with other dogs or people which unlike old school Chessies is a trait i admire.

At any rate if you are interested or know of anyone that has a suitable female please reach out. This is not only so that I can get a pup to carry on what is obviously an incredible genetic strain of the Chesapeake line but to also ensure that the owners son is able to get a pup from his Dad as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Strick9; 11-26-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Genesis 9;2