Thread: Youth license for waterfowl

Default Youth license for waterfowl

My oldest is finally getting to the age to take him duck hunting in the beaver swamp. Plan to take him with me thanksgiving morning, but don't seem to be smart enough to interpret the license requirements on the DNR site and don't like to assume when it comes to this stuff. Certainly don't want to get in a situation where dad effed up and gets a ticket at all, but certainly not in relation to not doing it right for the son and while he is with me.

That said - everything on the DNR site mentions that 'if over 16' you must have..... but nothing that states if under 16, which my boy is 8. he likely doesn't shoot more than once or twice, if at all, but do plan to take his 20 guage with us. All that said - does he need anything at all? Federal stamp? The DNR site doesn't state anything specific, at least that I can find...

And yes - get that there are probably 6 identical threads from prior years, but thought someone cold quickly answer given their having gone through similar.

Thanks

he does not need anything

Doesn't need anything but snacks and warm clothes.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Yep, does not need any type of license until he is 16. Warm clothes, and snacks, and plenty of shells for him to water swat with.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson