Thread: Citadel got $300K for that ass whipping, thought it would have been LOT more

Default Citadel got $300K for that ass whipping, thought it would have been LOT more

Not sure what USuC paid Wofford to come to WIlly B and take a beating but on ESPN this am they were showing payouts for the small schools that played yesterday

Team Bama played got $600k

Couple teams got over $1 mill

Was kind of shocked to see Citadel only got $300 K

Curious as to what Wofford got to play USC

I honestly like we play these smaller in state schools and keep the money local and gives them an shot to be seen on the big stage but for some reason I always thought these teams got at least $1 million to play these games

IF I am correct I think it was OBC anb TB that got together and agreed both teams should play the in state schools for these games so they could get the finanical windfall
    Last edited by tprice; 11-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.

I agree I thought it would be more

USC gave them $900,000 to beat their own ass in willybrice

You just can't find anything funnier.

Bama played a Georgia school.....a tiny one at that
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

$300K is embarrassing.

It's all over the board about who gets paid what. Clemson numbers seem a little lower but it's really hard to tell if there is any reasoning behind it. USC has paid Navy like $1.4 and then the Citadel $400k? USC Paid UMass like $1.6M...can't find the Wofford pay out but I bet it's close to the $300k Citadel number.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    $300K is embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for who? They accepted the deal. I mean damn, you get what you deserve if you can’t negotiate a better deal than that. Hell, all they had to do was make a few phone calls to see what other programs were getting for an asswhipping.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I honestly think the reasoning behind playing small in-state schools was two/three fold. Less expensive for the big schools all while doing something good for the small local schools. Not to mention giving the local kids at the small schools a chance to play on the local big stages.

They let citadel use their facilities while they were relocated due to the hurricane. I’m sure that counts for something as well

FBS teams get more then FCS teams.

Its all negotiations.

But did they get a free Dabo lockerroom losing pep talk? That is priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I honestly think the reasoning behind playing small in-state schools was two/three fold. Less expensive for the big schools all while doing something good for the small local schools. Not to mention giving the local kids at the small schools a chance to play on the local big stages.
    I agree, know few kids that play for Citadel and Wofford and nice to see them get to play there. Plus there is ALWAYS a chance they can pull off an upset

Like TJ said some of y'all are.comparing FBS against FCS. And I'm sure the travel cost factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Like TJ said some of y'all are.comparing FBS against FCS. And I'm sure the travel cost factor in.
    Makes sense.

Just for some reason I always thought Citadel, Furman, Wofford, PC, SC State all got right at 1 million to play Clemson or USuC each time