Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Managed/Low Recoil Factory Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    The Reduced Recoil loads should shoot pretty much to the same POI as the same brand of full power loads out to about 150 yds. Past that you may be pushing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You are the jackass who said the reduced recoil rounds would have the same POI. I said negative because your original post was bullshit, then explained why. Maybe your a touch sensitive today, I don't know, but if I were you I would try and go the rest of the day without acting like a little bitch.
    You obviously have a problem with only reading what you want to see and we're just looking for an argument. I said "... Should shoot pretty much to the same POI...". For the average shooter, approximately a 1/2" difference in POI @ 100 yds, and an estimated 1.6" out @ 250 yds is "good enough" and equivalent to ".., pretty much the same POI", IMO.

So who's being the jackass and sensitive little bitch here, Whackum? I really don't care to be pissing around with you as we've never had any problems, that I recall, but it sure seems like you're just looking for things to piss about. Go spend a few hours on your tractor and relax.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-18-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    What if your scope is 3 inches from the barrel of your gun?
    Then you either adjust your numbers accordingly, obviously, or you install you scope at a lower height..
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-18-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    ~ George Washington

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I don't buy into thinking the POI won't change, I'm sure you can kill critters with managed recoil ammo, but you better re-zero and see how she groups . That's why I said negative earlier.
    ABSOLUTELY!
    Any time you change loads, or even different lots of the same load you should check your POI. It “might” not change or may change only a little, but you should expect that it will change. I had a rifle once that would show a 7inch diagonal shift at 100 yards by changing loads. That is the most that I have seen, but a 2-3 inch shift is not uncommon, and a 1.5-2 inch shift is normal. Bottom line.....don’t assume it won’t change, so check it just in case.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 11-18-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!
    Any time you change loads, or even different lots of the same load you should check your POI. It “might” not change or may change only a little, but you should expect that it will change. I had a rifle once that would show a 7inch diagonal shift at 100 yards by changing loads. That is the most that I have seen, but a 2-3 inch shift is not uncommon, and a 1.5-2 inch shift is normal. Bottom line.....don’t assume it won’t change, so check it just in case.
    No question about it. I don't believe anyone stated otherwise.

The only debate that I can surmise is "... how much of a difference in POI under 200 yds is worth taking the time to re-zero if you already have determined what that difference might be?" Everyone's mileage may vary on this, depending on how good of a shot they are to start with, IMO.
    ~ George Washington

Thanks for all the info boys. The ability to switch between loads without adjusting the zero is something I never really considered, but I'll definitely do some experimenting.

My main concern was if the reduction in felt recoil was noticeable, and do the bullets still perform well. It sounds like they'll serve well to introduce the boy to a larger caliber without creating bad habits.

^ your on the right track buddy.
    Genesis 9;2

The only debate that I can surmise is "... how much of a difference in POI under 200 yds is worth taking the time to re-zero if you already have determined what that difference might be?" Everyone's mileage may vary on this, depending on how good of a shot they are to start with, IMO.
    Odds are that there won’t be a huge difference but in the words of my teenage son.........” you never know until you know”. Better to take at least a couple of shots to verify. I guess because I have seen so much variability in rifles reactions to load changes over the years, I am leery about making a change without verifying the results.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Odds are that there won’t be a huge difference but in the words of my teenage son.........” you never know until you know”. Better to take at least a couple of shots to verify. I guess because I have seen so much variability in rifles reactions to load changes over the years, I am leery about making a change without verifying the results.
    Totally agree. Please see my previous statement from earlier...

I guess my iPad types in foreign characters as people whom I've always respected seem to be having trouble reading my comments and understanding what I've said.

Sorry for any confusion...
    ~ George Washington

HSM makes a reduced recoil round as well.

Totally agree. Please see my previous statement from earlier...

I guess my iPad types in foreign characters as people whom I've always respected seem to be having trouble reading my comments and understanding what I've said.

Sorry for any confusion...
    Actually I was replying to whackumstackum and didn’t even read your earlier post till now. I was not trying to refute what you said and actually see that we pretty much agree. Sorry for the mix up.

I was not trying to refute what you said and actually see that we pretty much agree. Sorry for the mix up.
    Thanks. Same here...
    ~ George Washington